Notices

Here Goes Nothing..

Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cub in Training.

Here Goes Nothing..

Hey everyone so glad i found this site it has took alot of soul searching to come here and speak of all this so bare wth me ...

i was 25 years of age yesterday and have been drinking and doing other things since the age of 15. The group i was bought up with everything revolved around booze no matter how small the occasion alcohol and drugs were the first things on our minds, and i want to say i was never forced into anything no peer pressure every mistake ive ever made is mine alone nobody elses. from the ages of 15 to 21 the drinking and booze were non stop i managed a relationship for 4 years in this time span but she also lived the same lifestyle i did, who didnt right or so i thought.

i was diagnosed with severe panic disorder when i was 21 and put on all sorts of meds but alcohol was still my number one crutch, from 21 onwards the drugs wore off but the alcohol increased tenfold i was always the worst out of my group a right jekyll and hyde syndrome but i was the loveable rogue everyone wanted at the party so i have never even thought about stopping alcohol even the mind blowing panic attacks i would put down to something else and keep drinking.

i have had family, friends tell me to cut down and stop before but ive never listened why should i i dont have a problem. now i have met this amazing girl who im currently dating and she is the best thing to ever happen to me (she does not drink atall) yet i still carried on getting drunk and being a general idiot. this all culminated in a 5 day bender which ended up with me feeling so low and depressed on tuesday i thought this is it i have to stop the world,my friends, my beautiful gf they arent all wrong i am i have a serious problem and its borderline if not full alcoholism and i know this now...

well it was my birthday as i said yesterday and it was the hardest experience of my life being sober all my friends were looking at me like i was a witch cus i wasnt smasheds out my face, but with the help of my gf i did not touch a single drop and have now been sober for 6 days and am so proud of myself yesterday was the biggest test and i do have confidence in myself i know its going to be hard, really hard but thats why i joined this site.

i know there will be times i get cravings and im going to come on here and ramble because i truly believe all it takes is a few words of encouragment off people sometimes to keep me on the straight line ...

llPandall
Old 04-08-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome llpandall

You'll definitely find a lot of support here - in my experience it really helps
Are you looking for real life support too?

D
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome. Congratulations on your sober time, sounds like six days straight was not something that was common in your life before.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cub in Training.

Hey Dee74 Thanks for The Reply, im going to try to perservere with my close circle of family and friends and other half who actually understand that i do not want to carry on but i do also have a wonderful place i was reffered to before where i can go anytime if things get bad but the first time i was reffered i completely lied because i was i guess dissilusioned that i didnt have a problem. but the doors are always open there
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

25 a great age to sculpt the rest of your life.
John.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome llPandall...Good for you on making it six days...It's not easy. I also had a great GF that didn't drink....They don't put up with that for long.....Hang on to the six days you have and keep going....No point in starting over again. I think I know what place you are talking about where the doors are always open....Use it if you need it. Good luck to you.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome llPandall, feel free to ramble on here all you like Glad you're here.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by llPandall View Post
i truly believe all it takes is a few words of encouragment off people sometimes to keep me on the straight line ...
If that doesn't work there will always be AA.

All the best.

Bob R (in the colonies)
Old 04-08-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

It's great that you are doing this while you are still young. I wish I'd had that kind of insight and support when I was your age ... I might not have continued drinking for another 20+ years if I had.

The best years of your life are still ahead of you and to live them sober is the best gift you can give to yourself. Good for you.

Welcome!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

:day1

Welcome to SR!

Congratulations on 6 sober days!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome "cub in training"

You could not have found yourself on a better site for support.

Be open to ANYTHING to get sober. That's what I did, and I just passed a year sober.

There is a lot to know and learn about the poison of alcohol to us. I'm still learning.

Knowledge is power. Read, reach out (as you have done). Know what to expect and stay a step ahead of this beast that will try to convince you that "I'm fine now"

Glad you're here
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good you got sober 6 days ago. Keep that going.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and congrats on your 6 days!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome llpandall, you will find plenty off reading on here to help you out in tough times. Ur story sounds very much like me, only I ripped the ass outa it for another 10 years b4 I decided to quit and join here. Best of luck wit it dude