Notices

Nervous about tomorrow work

Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous about tomorrow work

If you remember a couple of my posts. I went on a 2.5 week blender and ended me at the hospital. I'm going to do out patient which starts the 23rd of this month. At this time I'm doing freelance work for a company which I know the guy for over 6 years. He also knows that I had a alcohol problem too. He is out of the put his partner is going to be there. I was going to call tomorrow to hold out one more day but I didn't to get it done and over with. I can't keep people waiting for my nervousness. I call his yesterday but no one pick up the phone. Later one I got a SMS (text message) saying that he was busy all day and could take phones calls but wants me to come in to talk. I'm really nervous whats going to happen thinking that they will get someone else but I do have some hope because he was an alcoholic.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I'm really nervous whats going to happen thinking that they will get someone else but I do have some hope because he was an alcoholic.
Be honest with him...If the guy says he's going to find someone else...Explain to him you know that you have a problem and what your rehab situation is and when you can start it. If he doesn't want to give you that chance then maybe it's time to get better and find something else....I think the main job for you right now is stopping drinking for good...Because without that...There will be no jobs. What are you doing to keep yourself sober till the 23rd?...This might be a good time to try something you haven't tried in the many attempts you've had in the past. Good luck Act1on....I think action is what you need.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What will be, will be. That said, just know, I have a son. He got out of college and couldn't get a job. He got a **** job. They were downsizing and had to let him go, he got really anxious about this, and pessimistic, I told him to look at the bright side, it was a job that he didn't like anyways, and now he can look for a job that he might actually like and within his field. He got that job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Things do work out. Just have to have faith.

Moral of above story -------------- good things will come your way. 2moro may be the beginning of that, but if not, maybe it is for the best. You will get that dream, need to take one day at a time. Don't overthink, and don't put yourself down. It will come to you. Just stop the drinking. And stop the worrying. Things do work out, if you let them.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do enjoy the job, the only problem is that it's too lay back. I can come in anytime I want to which means I get there around 1pm. Sometimes the job is very stressful because I'm doing all the graphics and have to learn new things on my own. I just hope he understand and gives me a second chance. It's good for me to work everyday, making money and keeping myself busy. Being a productive person in this life we live in.

Don't want my thoughts to control me when I don't know what's going to happen.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there, didn't know that you were still up. Wanna talk?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I do enjoy the job, the only problem is that it's too lay back. I can come in anytime I want to which means I get there around 1pm. Sometimes the job is very stressful because I'm doing all the graphics and have to learn new things on my own. I just hope he understand and gives me a second chance. It's good for me to work everyday, making money and keeping myself busy. Being a productive person in this life we live in.

Don't want my thoughts to control me when I don't know what's going to happen.
That sounds like a job that gives you money to drink and allows you to sleep off a hangover till noon to me....Maybe it's for the best that you get the boot.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

checked again and you weren't there. So just think of the changes as challenges. You can do this. You seem like a guy that enjoys challenges, you seem to be very bright. It challenges.

Another story about my son. He was really bored in school, was getting bad grades. Found out that he wasn't being challenged enough.

Just wanted also to say, good luck with the job. I have faith in you, you can do this.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
That sounds like a job that gives you money to drink and allows you to sleep off a hangover till noon to me....Maybe it's for the best that you get the boot.
No, I just need to get into work earlier. I'm not a night drinker. I'm a weekly bender. Once I start I drink and drink and drink.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like it's time to stop and stop and stop...What are you doing to stay stopped till the 23rd Act1on? There are different methods out there that seem to work for people...Have you looked into any of them?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This might be a productive thing for you to do today...See if you can find out what direction your outpatient program is taking...They have to be getting you ready for some kind of recovery program...Find out what it is and get a head start on it.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

you might want to consider giving yourself some structure. I would NOT tolerate anyone who worked for me coming in at 1PM unless they had a previous appt (rarely). i want someone there to WORK not drift in when they like.

how about a self-imposed 10AM start time, so you have a regular work day? be up with an alarm, get into a daily routine, shower, breakfast, a little exercise along with P&M, off to work after rush hour.

your anxiety is not their problem. YOU have to get over it and pick yourself up. the more you dwell on it the worse it gets. (i'm speaking from past experience, not trying to sound harsh). if you want to be a normal productive person, you have to start going through the motions, even if it's a bit difficult at first, you can make yourself responsible and in the long run, i've found it helps. good luck.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Fandy, I need to do that. But the next 4 days, I'm not going to get any sleep. Still recovery from width-drawls.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

If you do the next right thing and stay sober, all the rest that is supposed to happen will.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How can you predict the next 4 days? you're not clairvoyant. You can start any routine today even if you don't do everything.

get up, get dressed, try to eat something and function. and remember the withdrawals.

only YOU can do it. you're up enough to be posting, you can function. good luck and the more you act normal, the sooner it will come naturally. I hope you want it.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The more you delay your detox, the worse it gets. It's not going to be fun but, if you want to get healthy, it's the first step.

And take the good advice offered. Build some structure into your life. We aren't the kind of people who do well with spare time.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I need to get ready in 20 minutes. :ghug3