Notices

A test

Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

sounds like you really are hitting the firsts.
Great Easter.
All the best.
John
Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic news Jeni - well done!

D
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good going! Judge #3 is too low, I think
Old 04-08-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So happy for you jeni, looks like we are taking similar steps in our journeys, good luck to us - we're in this together :-) xx
Old 04-09-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Awesome stuff Jeni!

Use those phone numbers...they are sooooo key. I was suggested at my 1st meeting (by the guy who eventually became my sponsor) to use my new phone list to call 3 people a day. I thought he was crazy, haha. Calling 3 people I barely know every day?

But I wanted to change my life around, so when the next day came I forced myself to text the 4 guys who talked to me the most the night before...I know, texting is not calling, haha...but I texted to confirm they would be at that nights meeting. They all replied, and then my 2nd meeting was even better, cause I had already met 4 of the guys there. I actually shared there at my 2nd meeting, no doubt feeling more comfortable cause my 4 new buds were there as well.

The more people I have called, the more friends I have made and the bigger my support network has grown. So use those numbers! Dont worry about what to talk about, they will do most of the talking most likely. And dont feel ashamed to ask for a ride! It is part of the program to help the newcomer, so they WANT to help you out...because it helps them in their own journey to give back to the newcomer. (To pay it back for the help they got early on)
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks. I've already decided to go again tonight to a different meeting, seems like there's more or less one every day without me having to travel too far.

How long do you leave it before you search out a sponsor? I bought a copy of the BB last night and have started reading it but know I will need help to work my way thru the 12 steps. Don't want to get carried away and rush into anything but I'm an ' all or nothing' kind of girl and if I'm gonna do this I want to do it properly!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Jeni...Nice job...I just listened to people my first week and when I saw someone that talked about the steps and the book...That's who I asked...I was told by a speaker that came to my rehab to ask him to be a temporary sponsor...So if it didn't work out...No hard feelings...It did work out and I went through the steps with him in less than 90 days...That's what I wanted...He is still my sponsor today and I asked him my first week.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok thanks, really helpful xx
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Jeni!

Congratulations on taking some positive steps! Just remember the steps are about growth. You'll probably find that people tend to go through them several times and they get more out of the experience each time. Good luck on your journey!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks, yes I'm very prone to rushing headlong into things and then getting despondent when they don't work out immediately.
I do recognise that in myself and will endeavour to stop, think and retrace steps if I need to.

This is such a great place for support, thank you all x