Notices

Sick and Tired

Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

When are you going to get to the point of saying...I've had enough....And then do something about it MM?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Just keep an image of yourself in your head of you being a drunken letch at 50 Seriously though, if someone had done that to me I'd be seriously pissed off... there's nothing worse that a letch, especially a drunken one!

Obviously this isn't who you are though, you do have the choice to change this x
Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
When are you going to get to the point of saying...I've had enough....And then do something about it MM?
I've done that. I did it a year ago and ballsed up, then picked myself up again and ballsed up a few days ago, now i'm trying again. I don't really know how you can question whether i'm doing something about it when I clearly am. Still, i know it's all or nothing, and it can't be half assed, that's why I think when I do have a 'blip' it causes total chaos because I only have two modes: completely drunk, or completely sober. It also doesn't help that no-one around me understands the problem despite me being extremely frank (friends still encourage me to drink, buy me alcohol to get me to join in etc). Still, i'm trying to stay focused. Luckily this 'blip' only lasted 4 days or so.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Just keep an image of yourself in your head of you being a drunken letch at 50 Seriously though, if someone had done that to me I'd be seriously pissed off... there's nothing worse that a letch, especially a drunken one!

Obviously this isn't who you are though, you do have the choice to change this x
Yeah i'd be pissed off too! Luckily she wanted me to do it, so it wasn't like I was forcing myself upon anyone, and it was just playfulness. Still, I don't normally do such things.

Enjoying a nice sober evening again, hope you are too
Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Are you trying the same thing over and over again?.....Maybe it's time for something different...What recovery programs have you tried?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Are you trying the same thing over and over again?.....Maybe it's time for something different...What recovery programs have you tried?
I edited my post above ^

I've tried Addaction, AA, AVRT etc etc. AA was, from my experience, useless. I'd rather not get into a discussion as to why as i've expressed my views on previously in the thread. AVRT is more my cup of tea since it's a proactive approach and can be easily understood - it makes it easy to rationalise sobriety. And i've only 'tried' 3 times, and my blips have been fairly minor, (but still inexcusable).
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Keep working it...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Keep working it...
Thanks, i'm trying. I'm definitely on my way to succeeding, and i'm proud of myself for facing up to the problem at a young age. Good luck to you too
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Got to just keep trying brother....There is a better life without alcohol waiting for you.