Notices

Day 15

Old 04-07-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

15 to 20's not bad...I've been to meetings smaller than that...It helps if you get to know them. I give you credit for at least trying.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Not a length you're willing to go to?
No, US Immigration, no ferries in then night... STT is a hassle..
Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats ovrock! 15 days is awesome. It gets better & better. Don't give up & keep fighting.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
15 to 20's not bad...I've been to meetings smaller than that...It helps if you get to know them. I give you credit for at least trying.
As I said, I not giving it up yet. But really, that last withdrawal could be enough to scare me into sobriety. I was also told abut some really nasty things that was said about me by people I spend money buying drinks for during these binges. Apparently I have managed to become a laughing stock when I drink. Things like that motivate me. I am also hanging on by a string at one of the venues I perform. I cannot afford to lose that job. Not diminishing the effectiveness of AA , counseling etc., but at the end of the day the buck stops with me. NOTHING good happens to me when I drink.

Let me just add that I get the impression people here actually like me being drunk. I am all friendly, generous, and I let people in my space. Something I hardly ever do when I am sober. Then they turn around and redicule me. Naaaaah, they had their fun. Time for me to line up the eggs for their faces...

One day at a time. Soon, I am going to stop counting the days. I try to visualize my daily routine every morning, and try my best to stick to it. I always tend to fall short on week 3 or 4. I'm pretty sure this time it WILL NOT happen. For I know where I usually go wrong....

Believe it or not, being told how much of a laughing stock I have become, may be the best thing that was ever told to me.... I say no more.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That's good....Whatever motivates you is good.....It will make having to tell your "friends" you quit a lot easier....Funny how nice they are when your wallets loaded and so are you....I learned a lot about myself the longer I was sober....Still learning. You're doing great bud...Keep at it.