Notices

How do you know...

Old 04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I only really have mindfulness stuff as it relates to cravings and urge surfing:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

Mindfulness and Addiction: Part 3 | Mindfulness and Psychotherapy

For me anxiety and withdrawal went hand in hand.

I had to live with it to a certain respect - I knew it was at least partly due to withdrawal and I knew it would get better.

It was hard but no harder really than my old drinking life.

I tried not to google myself into a panic either - back then in my state, too much reading, for me, led to contradictory ideas and uncertainty and more anxiety...that's why most of the links I bookmarked are practical exercises, rather than theoretical.

If you feel things are a genuine concern tho, either physically or mentally - don't hesitate to see a Dr bayliss

D
Old 04-07-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Sapling.

Thanks for the tips Hypochondriac! And the name of the book which I will definitely take a look at. Let me know about some of the stuff Dee posted when you have a minute and I am going to check that site out as well.

I definitely am in the same boat as you - when I look stuff up on the internet the anxiety definitely goes up way high.
It's amazing how alcohol shuts that voice up...well, not amazing...you know what I mean...
I also am part of an OCD forum and I find that if I spend too much time on there then I begin to "adopt" other people's obsessions/worries.
I wonder why we do this and how to stop it...actually, you did tell me how - that's with CBT.

Anxiety can be really nasty. After I quit drinking I am really going to work on how to shut up that rambling voice in my head..
Old 04-07-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I really appreciate it.

I know this anxiety feeling all too well...I know that my fears are irrational and the OCD fuels it as well.
I'm not too concerned with it, just annoyed as all hell! I hate the feeling I get with this crap! As GirlfromCO said - it's just a fear...it will pass...and I shouldn't engage in it. I gotta keep busy. Thanks so much for the links! I will check them out!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My anxiety got alot less when I quit drinking....A LOT LESS.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
My anxiety got alot less when I quit drinking....A LOT LESS.
Mine too. I used to joke with my now husband then boyfriend that I could expect a panic attack every day between 4 and 6 pm and it was pretty much true. It's really rare for me to have one now.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I definitely know that my anxiety will lessen once I quit - for sure. I have no doubt about that. I am self-assured that my drinking has made this anxiety/OCD issue a lot worse.
I can't believe I let it get this bad.
Alas, I did...and now I must deal with it...
Argh.