Notices

My husband is smoking crack

Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband is smoking crack

Hello. I recently found out my husband was smoking crack. I discovered this last summer. Ever since then, it has been a total disaster.

In June of this year he went to detox/in patient rehab. When he got out, his brother offered him some meth, and he relapsed all over again with all drugs. Meth, xanax, and crack again.
His brother was very aware of his rehab and recovery. I can't explain why them two insist that it's okay, as long as your family gives it to you...?
It still makes me very sick thinking about that situation.

This past August he had gotten high on crack and pretty much went maniac. He took himself to my fathers house and fought my father in the front yard. Blaming my father for his problems. All random. My father has NOTHING to do with any of his issues with drugs. My husband had a real manic-moment that day. It was awful. Ever since then I have not been back home with him.

Along with his substance abuse problem, his mother enables him. They are very wealthy and she is constantly trying to fix his problems with money. JUST HIS PROBLEMS. She is in denial about his drug problem. She even denies that he went to rehab, when she is the one who paid for it because he cried for help.

Since I have not been home, I've been staying with my brother. Along with my 9 year old daughter. He has no plan for when we will fix our marriage or get me on my feet to get my own place with my daughter. He has housed and supported me for the past 6 years. And this living arrangement has been very tough on my daughter and I. But I simply cannot go back home to his drug behavior. It's terrible.
Another thing, he mother has bought him a new car to "help" cheer him up over our separation!!! It blows my mind. I don't know what to do anymore....what's going to happen to us ? What should I do?? Where should I go from here...?? He has yet to give me any financial assistance with my living. Is that wrong??
Old 09-13-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem JJ
I'm sorry for what brings you here, but you'll find a lot of support.

I think you need to do whatever is best for your well being and your daughter, really.

D
Old 09-14-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, JJ408. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this, and yes- it's wrong! You might want to check out the Friends & Family section here at SR. Lots of people have been where you are right now.

It's hard to advise you specifically but it's great that you've worked to do what's right for your daughter. It might be time to look at the legal resources available to you. He almost certainly has a legal financial responsibility to you and your daughter.

You can't make him change, full stop. If he ever changes it will be because he chooses to. You can support him, you can help, but while you can lead a horse to water you can't make it drink. Now is the time to look out for yourself and your daughter.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its time for you to take your life back!

Originally Posted by JJ408 View Post
Hello. I recently found out my husband was smoking crack. I discovered this last summer. Ever since then, it has been a total disaster.

In June of this year he went to detox/in patient rehab. When he got out, his brother offered him some meth, and he relapsed all over again with all drugs. Meth, xanax, and crack again.
His brother was very aware of his rehab and recovery. I can't explain why them two insist that it's okay, as long as your family gives it to you...?
It still makes me very sick thinking about that situation.

This past August he had gotten high on crack and pretty much went maniac. He took himself to my fathers house and fought my father in the front yard. Blaming my father for his problems. All random. My father has NOTHING to do with any of his issues with drugs. My husband had a real manic-moment that day. It was awful. Ever since then I have not been back home with him.

Along with his substance abuse problem, his mother enables him. They are very wealthy and she is constantly trying to fix his problems with money. JUST HIS PROBLEMS. She is in denial about his drug problem. She even denies that he went to rehab, when she is the one who paid for it because he cried for help.

Since I have not been home, I've been staying with my brother. Along with my 9 year old daughter. He has no plan for when we will fix our marriage or get me on my feet to get my own place with my daughter. He has housed and supported me for the past 6 years. And this living arrangement has been very tough on my daughter and I. But I simply cannot go back home to his drug behavior. It's terrible.
Another thing, he mother has bought him a new car to "help" cheer him up over our separation!!! It blows my mind. I don't know what to do anymore....what's going to happen to us ? What should I do?? Where should I go from here...?? He has yet to give me any financial assistance with my living. Is that wrong??
Even though it's hard for your daughter and you it's time for you to take your life back take your Independence back be honest with yourself if you had the strength to leave him you have to strength to get a job get your own income and really find your own independence and start living your own life. The only love that man's life is the drugs right now and unfortunately he has a disease that's chronic. Is a chronic disease of his mind that disease is so strong that you will never ever be able to help him he has to be able to help himself and he has to do it for himself. He needs to get away from his brother his family and separate himself so he can live. They are going to love him to death and it's the truth they enabled him and they are continually enabling him they are providing him with drugs and they're using denial and it's just making your husband sticker. Nothing you say or do is going to make a difference unless he is ready to get the proper help he needs. You definitely need to do what's best for you and your daughter and that means getting a job to support you and her and coming to the realization your life is never going to be what it once was. I give you so much credit for leaving it takes a lot and it's very hard I also recommend that you go to Al-Anon it's going to help you a lot. It'll give you the tools you need to get on your feet and know what to do with everything. You'll get support from people you will get support from meetings and it'll help you find your own way discover that you can do this on your own. You've been doing it on your own for how long? It seems like you've been in denial too. I'm sorry that I am just speculating but if you were living with him for a year and he was using and not know that something was going on with him then something was really off in your marriage and it's time for you to be honest with yourself and take responsibility free what you've done and take your life back take your Independence back find out who you are get the help you need and take care of you and your daughter because there is nothing that is going to change unless you acknowledge what is going on and once you realize that you're not going to be able to change him and you can't control him you can only control yourself and you can do this no matter what you can stand on your own two feet and take care of you and your daughter go get the help that you need there's tools out there. God bless you and your daughter and your family and your husband I pray for you all you can do it take your life back