Notices

Told husband everything ths morning

Old 04-07-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You did an amazing thing by being honest and admitting you need help and that you want a better life. You will get it! AA has worked wonders for me. There are extremely helpful people there who will help you. Keep going.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm impressed at how honest you were with your husband, I still haven't told my husband the extent of my drinking problem but he is very proud of me and I'm sure yours will be proud of you.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're working on your recovery and I love meditation.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

That is soooo awesome! Good for you! I can still remember the night I told my husband. I had just taken my last few norcos and he was pretty upset, and then I got pretty sick...very very sick..he got over it. The accountability is great!

Blessings, Lily
Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
instant

The path will get you where you want to go. Well done, your post is inspirational.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Congratulations!!!! It is very hard to admit to anyone even ourselves sometimes how bad our problem / addiction has gotten. You go Girl!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leemzer View Post
Congratulations....but you didn't tell us his reaction? I was interested because my wife has told me for years that I was OK because I hid my bad times from her exceptionally well. Even when I have quit in the past, she has always said "Oh, you can have a glass of wine on day." It is not her fault, it is my fault that I became so good at deceiving. I think I did an exceptionally good job with it because I didn't think of my deceptions as intentional at all, so they were probably more believable (I know they were). I even had myself fooled.
I can totally relate to that! For me it was my husband though. A few days ago he told me that he doesn't mind if I drink....as long as I control myself when I do, like just have 2 drinks instead of 12. Problem is I CAN'T just have 2...there is no "control"...I have a problem. I wanted to say "you're right honey" and grab a bottle, but truth is, today is day 13 for me & I feel great and I don't want to have to reach for the bottle anymore!

Good luck to all & thanks to the brave lady that started this thread!
:ghug3