Notices

Life whizzing by......

Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life whizzing by......

I couldn't get to the gym today for a variety of reasons, and feeling a bit housebound, so I went to the garage, and took down that Mountain Bike, thinking a short ride wouldn't hurt. After pumping up the tires, playing with the cables, I was off on my two wheels. Things started slow, but built up momentum...the sun shining, my new sunglasses looking good, my ear buds booming favourite music into my skull, and blood flowing through my veins..It was then that I realized, this is FUN. It actually was excercise, but it was Fun, it was a new perspective on a new world, it was healthy, and it brought back memories of many years ago, way before Drugs and Alcohol, when life was fun.
When I was drinking, I would never have gone out on my bike...heck, that would kill my buzz...instead, i would just hope not to get caught, driving to the liquor store, even if it was close.
I felt good out there in the real world..with Normal people doing normal things like rollerblading, walking, playing..I think I am finally getting this...
Sobriety Rocks!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Originally Posted by losteverything View Post
and it brought back memories of many years ago, way before Drugs and Alcohol, when life was fun.
Yes I know exactly what you mean. That's a great feeling to have.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oooh I love riding my bike It brings out the kid in me. Trying to ride a bike drunk is not so much fun.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I know exactly what you mean as well. Exactly. And it feels WONDERFUL!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I was afraid to even go for a walk because my heart would pound and jump. Now I can walk for an hour and I feel great!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Random Guy

tried riding a bike a little drunk once, I went over the handlebars and even though I have not gone to a doctor for it I am pretty sure I tore some of my rotator cup muscle and possibly chiped something in my hand as they both still hurt sometimes about a year later, not the greatest of ideas, of course I kept drinking that night. I didn't know how bad I had hurt myself till the next day.

Ah memories
Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Thanks for the motivation! I went to a store today, tried on some shirts and realized my "ice cream maintenance program" has to end. I wasn't happy with what I saw, but was smiling because I am sober! I also figured my head was crooked as I tried on sunglasses...(I really didn't want to spend any money today, so that was how my mind was thinking)---I have money in my pocket and I can choose to spend it or not! That's because I am sober!

Yep, tomorrow is a good day to do more than think about getting to the gym!

Keep on riding!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FLA

I use to always ride bikes drunk and pool hop at the beach, it was fun... But doing it sober is more fulfilling and feels real. Being drunk kind of dulls the experience whether it be riding a bike or anything else. Glad your having fun sober!