Notices

new but understanding is needed

Old 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new but understanding is needed

hello

I am new to the site but not the drink, i ask please bear with me as have a brain illness and my words get mixed up, here goes i have SIL who as been a heavy drinker since 2007 and his also on heavy depression meds we as a family have tried everything to make her relise what she is doing and now she getting verbally agressive when challenged. I am not new to a alcholic as my auntie was and the memories of her are now flooding back, she is wrecking my marrige as my hubby is torn he says i give in but he wont. She works in high profile job and knows the system social services. Tonight she came round and all hell broke out despite asking her to leave she insited on arguning and looking for a fight. What is my biggest dilema is she as a adopted neice and i love her to bits but iam torn what to do as if i know SIL as made it clear ill report you if you open your mouth. I have two kiddies of our own and now she is picking fights when there around

iam so sorry for off loading my head is in pieces

Hazexx
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

welcome, hiccup. You may want to check out the friends and family section of sober recovery. There is a lot of great information available.