Notices

Day 13

Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13

It occurred to me that I only post on here when I'm desperate for help (and quite whiny). I am so grateful to have SR and all of you to walk through this with. So I'm actually doing ok right this minute and thought I'd share that with you! I am doing what I need to be doing in recovery and attending lots of meetings at this time. My son is not doing so well and we are headed to the oncologist today, but that usual panicky sense of impending doom is not there? I feel a strange sense of peace and hope about everything in general. Isn't that weird? And my obsession for alcohol is really not there right now. Oh no is this that "pink cloud" people talk about? I don't want one of those! I've heard they are bad?

Anyway, I just wanted to check in on a GOOD day. It's nice to know they do exist. I hope I remember that on those inevitable dark days. I have a long way to go. This is my 7th attempt at sobriety. I want this so badly.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

You can have it all I like 7 as a number . "When do you give up on a alcoholic ?" "A few seconds before their last breath!!" Sister Ignatia.

And pink clouds are not bad , can be if your not working a good program. When we feel really good our minds are great at forgetting the bad and that good voice will try to tell you , that you can handle one or two.

Good love stay on the beam.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
I am doing what I need to be doing in recovery and attending lots of meetings at this time.
Glad you are doing well Eliasson....You should add getting a sponsor and getting started on the steps to that....That's where you make it or break it. It's an action program....Action and more action....The results?....Hard to describe.....But good.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I left that out! Yes I have a sponsor and am getting started on the steps. Through all this time I've never worked the steps . I'm hoping that ends up being the key! Thank you to everyone for not giving up on me, especially during those times where I have given up on myself!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I left that out! Yes I have a sponsor and am getting started on the steps. Through all this time I've never worked the steps . I'm hoping that ends up being the key! Thank you to everyone for not giving up on me, especially during those times where I have given up on myself!
I can promise you it will be the key. Done as in the book...The chances of you failing are rare.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Thumbs up

It occurred to me that I only post on here when I'm desperate for help (and quite whiny).
Hi Eliasson, Great job on the persistant desire. It seems that desperation is a big key to working the steps sucessfully. This is STEP ZERO from page 58 BB middle paragraph

"If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it then you are ready to take certain steps."

Welcome back:ghug3