Notices

Ahhh...the morning after...

Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ahhh...the morning after...

It's tough to come here and face myself in a public forum and admit that I chose to toss all my priorities aside for a drink yesterday, but it helps to let the lion out of the cage so to speak.

I'm sure I'll reflect a bit on what went wrong; what little slight really ticked me off, did I become bored w/recovery, was I complacent, blah, blah, blah, but the only thing that matters today is to just start afresh and give recovery a renewed effort.

One of the most wonderful gifts of this occurance is my renewed respect and kinship with all of my friends here at SR. It seems whenever I wander too far from here, as with other parts of my support base, I begin to drift toward the flame of self-assurance toward booze, only to stumble back here bruised and weary.

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful support and guidance. You are collectively a wonderful gift to an ole drunk like me, so I'll be around more often. Sometimes we forget who our friends are.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It's excellent news to hear you're not only learning from your setback, but also right back up on the horse.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning! :ghug3
Old 04-03-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Firestorm,

Glad you are back. Tell us what happened, how you were feeling before you picked up. It is useful for the newcomers and not so new to hear what happened in more detail.

Are you following a program?

CaiHong
Old 04-03-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's good that you're picking yourself up and seem to have some awareness D, I remember when that was difficult for you. It's easy to keep self sabotaging after a relapse.

It's true that if we're not careful, recovery can start to become a bit routine, just going through the motions. Recovery is very important to me, but it doesn't define all that I am, I try to stay involved in some other things as well that are positive and healthy, and I think it helps me overall to stay interested. You have a lot to give out, and I've always hoped that things would turn out for you, 15 months was great and you've come a long way since starting on these forums.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to see you here, talking about what happened. You can still do this thing firestorm - we believe in you. Never give up.