Notices

Day 3

Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Oh, feeling so much better! Last evening enjoyed people watching with some healthy green tea at a cafe, then early to bed. Not anxious or freaked out at all this morning about my court situation -- I read more about it last night and this debtor's exam seems mostly a tool to freak someone out and get money from them or their family (creditor is my vindictive and wealthy ex). I also discovered that even if you *are* held in contempt of court and a bench warrant is issued (this a real possibility), they rarely actually arrest someone unless at a traffic stop -- and it expires in six months!

Anyway, back to the people-watching. I realize how few activities I'd been doing in places with no AL, and how many great opportunities there are around here. This morning I think I'll go to the gym and have a coffee at a different cafe, this one overlooking the boats. I actually walked into the bar where I usually go to use the restroom, and the clientele looked so dismal. I hope this means a real change of thinking. After an hour of watching healthy people pass by walking, running, on bikes or carrying surfboards, this was quite a contrast!

And sleep. I slept a glorious eight hours. Very unusual for me. On to another, clearer day.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Carliss, you're right about your eyes opening up to what's out there for you when you're sober. Enjoy your morning coffee.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats great Carliss

D
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done I would just say for me it was always fairly easy to not drink in early days and weeks. Memories are to fresh, but I really struggled at the two month point. I have relapsed twice then.

But now I am past that so you can do it.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Carliss; this is great news~~~!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, a busy day getting lots of stuff done. I'm editing video games at home and lots of work came in today. Making me happy as I have lots of taxes to pay! It kept me out of trouble. Now I'm going to the gym where I'll see actual living breathing people and do a light workout.

Tomorrow's new activity is going to be a tennis lesson, one of which I haven't had in 40 years. They are free every Wednesday night at my complex! Also Wed mornings I volunteer for a local environmental organization taking care of plants in a nursery, so there's some structure.

I have not had much in the way of AL thoughts today, but I know from my own and others' experience that the pink bubble lasts awhile, then the desire returns. I'm enjoying being conscious for the first time in quite awhile. My mom pointed out that this nightmarish aftermath with the ex has used some of the best years of my life, and isn't it time for it to end?

Now I'm feeling really confident about my courtroom drama (debtor's exam to find assets, conducted by my nasty ex). Had a long talk with a friend who's an insurance auditor with much courtroom experience. I was going to bring no documents, but he told me how to prepare them properly and how to get a couple of letters explaining things. I tell you, this guy ought to write detective novels. Anyway, this is going to take awhile, but if Ii can't sleep it will be the perfect activity. He said to bury 'em in paper -- but the *right* paper.

This whole thing was really the turning point for my drinking, I think. And I decided to postpone my physical one more week to let the healthy habits and supplements kick in a little more thoroughly. Thanks for the support, guys!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And it's amazing how many lost items re-appeared in my apartment today! Also it's a lot cleaner in here.