Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

3:53 am I'm back.. Again. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FLA

I honestly feel like I'm going f-ing nuts. Anxiety over load, everything I read is freaking me out and scaring me as far as mental side effects from withdrawls. I had a heavy drinking binge Thursday and Friday, Saturday around 2pm I was throwing up had dyharea felt like I had itches all over me but when I scratched it didn't itch almost like bugs on my skin, I've been in a haze ever since. During the day I'm kinda ok but at night is when I start getting bad anxiety an can't sleep. Hopefully this scare will keep me off the booze. I'm so exhausted! Ahhhhhh!!!!! I just wanna jump off a bridge and end these feelings!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read you're struggling so much FLA.
The good thing is there's always people to talk to here - and it's good to see you again .

Have you considered seeing a Dr at all?

D
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

I am glad you are here. If you feel you cannot hang on get f2f help. I hope the withdrawals settle quickly for you.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FLA

Yes I have. Everyones telling me this is all withdrawls tho. And last time it took about 7 days to pass it all by before I felt normal again. Im sure I have some sort of chemical imbalance tho hence the anxiety and depression mainly just anxiety and panic attacks tho. Wouldn't hurt to talk to a therapist. I'm just so sick of it, I just wanna be normal.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great you're still trying, keep it up.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLA View Post
I just wanna be normal.
Stop drinking...You've been through this before right?....Why don't you try putting the effort into some kind of recovery program and stop doing this to yourself?....Wouldn't that be the normal thing to do?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

After heavy drinking binges say thur fri sat, maybe I would not drink the next two nights....these would be hell, racing heart ,awake all night and panic attacks where sometimes I literally thought I was going to die. 82 days sober, all this gone!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
After heavy drinking binges say thur fri sat, maybe I would not drink the next two nights....these would be hell, racing heart ,awake all night and panic attacks where sometimes I literally thought I was going to die.
Too many people do die....I wouldn't recommend that. I'd rather see you detox safely...See if your parents will take you back one more time and maybe try AA again with the goal of stopping for good and not how many hot chicks you can find in the meetings...I knew you'd be back...If AA is too much work for you...Try something else.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

FLA, perhaps you should commit to AA

Try to fit into it instead of trying to get something to fit you. Something has to change here and I'm afraid that something is you.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think Bob just said it very well... you may have to consider doing some things that are outside your usual scope of reference, don't dismiss them. I remember thinking at first 'Ok so I stop drinking, I can do this, mind over matter, it's time to stop because I don't want to feel this way anymore.' It didn't turn out to be quite that straightforward, it can and does get better but you would perhaps be best off discussing your approach and recovery options with your doctor at this point.