Notices

An actuall tidbit of contribution

Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Well I don't do unmentionable things in public anymore or anywhere else - I've done those enough to know they're not fun for me.

I have fun tho - every day - I feel like I'm a kid again...and thats with all my health hangups, lack of money and the various things that happen to us all, day by day.

If I've learned anything, Dan, it's that alcohol doesn't manufacture fun - thats a big stupid old lie fed to us by TV movies, our drinking buiddies and our own fears about change.

Alcohol doesn't manufacture fun - I do.
There's hundreds of people here living fun filled lives sober, Dan.

If you're not having fun when you're not drinking, I think you have to look to yourself to see why that is, bro.

I'm not beating up on you - I was right where you are for 20 years...but I think you deserve more from your life than what you're giving yourself right now, D.

D
Dee, If i had to say, the most prolific thing you said, it would be

" If you're not having fun when you're not drinking, I think you have to look to yourself to see why that is, bro."

I think that could be said about a lot of people.

I'm really sorry about any discomforts you might be havin, looking at your profile, i'd say you'd be doin well, i could learn a few things from you i'm sure.. dan
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Vitamins and things like that aren't the only things that will do that. I take Methoquine once a week to prevent Malaria and especially the first night it can give you some crazy dreams. Some people refuse to take it because of them and stick with doxycycliene (I don't know exactly how to spell it) because it doesn't do that. It dosen't really supprise me to learn that herbal supliments do the same as sugar bear said they arent really regulated by anyone. Hence the astrick on everyone saying *these claims are not endorsed by the FDA or something to that effect.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
Vitamins and things like that aren't the only things that will do that. I take Methoquine once a week to prevent Malaria and especially the first night it can give you some crazy dreams. Some people refuse to take it because of them and stick with doxycycliene (I don't know exactly how to spell it) because it doesn't do that. It dosen't really supprise me to learn that herbal supliments do the same as sugar bear said they arent really regulated by anyone. Hence the astrick on everyone saying *these claims are not endorsed by the FDA or something to that effect.
yea, my Mom said something about be alergic to quinine, she loses her hearing. actually her dad, (my grandad) got malaria in the war, that's all i know tho..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that could be said about a lot of people.
Yeah it could - it was said to me too - it doesn't mean we still can't learn from it and apply it to ourselves tho

Thanks for the concern too - I'm battling on - not dead yet

D
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm really hoping you decide to get well. I know it's hard. Lots of people have made it through - you could be one of them.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
I think it is the best of you that keeps bringing you back, Dan. I hope you keep coming back.
Thanks R&A, that's what it's all about (to me)
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there Dan. You CAN DO this!! Keep trying!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bayliss View Post
Hang in there Dan. You CAN DO this!! Keep trying!
what do they say? progess before perfection? good to hear from you..