Notices

2 days Smug & Sober

Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 2 days Smug & Sober

Well not too smug--but somewhat content , in between the panic-depressive episodes.

I think the taper went well except the one night without sleep, night sweats and palps, but that was the last night I had 2.75 beers. The last 2 nights no booze and some tryptophans and gratefully slept well. I don't want to start drinking ever again because withdrawing from alcohol is suppose to get worse the more you do it. For years I didn't have much of a problem withdrawing other than mental, but the physical is scary and gets scarier I'm told. Also the anxiety is physical/mental and while a lot of us started drinking because of anxieties, they surface many fold getting sober. I hope the payback doesn't take so long-I've heard from a few days, weeks, months, years--scary.

2 days Smug & Sober is song. Just wondering if any musician songwriters have written anything about their drinking/sobriety?

Now it is day 3...onward.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Congrats ****. For me the withdrawal definately got worse each time. I have (had) been trying to quit on my own since November and this last and final withdrawal put me in the hospital for Detox it was so bad.....Keep up the good work!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why thank you.