Notices

Feeling like straight Sh!t.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks so much. The only thing I am really concerned about is if I am going to go through those hellish withdrawals again. Hopefully, since it was such a minute amount of alcohol (for my body, anyway) I won't get them as bad as I did last time. Thanks again for all of the support!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dom, I really believe that the motivation you have is more important than which program you choose (or whether you use a combination of programs). When I finally got sober, it was because I decided that drinking was no longer an option. There was a shift in my thinking and I began to find new ways to deal with stuff.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I doubt that you go through anything at all at least not more than the hangover you are feeling now. Withdrawls you would go through if you were drinking for at least a few days. Like you said and I was thinking when I started to read your last post, a sixer for people like us that is just getting started, in fact I admire the fact that you did stop after that (NOT encouraging people to experiment with moderation by saying that) because while I won't drink any beer now "IF" (that is a ginormious if that dosen't realy exist in the realm of possibility) I did I don't think I would have stopped till I was passed out on the couch with at least two and probably three times that amount or more empty cans scattered on the floor. My hats off to you there Dominica.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

This is just a bump in the road honey, all is not lost. Just say to yourself, this day I will not pick up the drink. Just this day. Yesterday doesn't matter. The only day that matters is today and you are going to do great today! Don't beat yourself up over yesterday. Everyone here has such great advice about addding more meetings, etc. This disease is very sneaky and very dangerous and sometimes there is a setback. But for today, choose not to drink. You can do this! Put your recovery first, because it is truly the only thing that matters right now. Nothing else in your life will work, without recovery. It has to be number one in your life.