Notices

I am done!!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Yes, call them now!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In the meantime, some AA meetings would likely be a good start on your new road to sobriety. Members there could help you with scheduling and soothe your fears.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I had thought about calling them now but I was told it does no good cause they dont put you on a list. You basically have to call everyday until they have a bed:/
Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I would say it's worth making the call to find out if what you were told is true.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's always darkest before the dawn...... I'm so glad you're doing this, sark. It's like a leap of faith because we can't see what's on the other side, but hang on to the testimony of everyone here who has done it before you.

You're doing something wonderful for your children and they will be so proud of you! Don't listen to the fear - it's just telling you lies - allow yourself a positive thought or two..... Besides, there is no "future" to fear because we can only live in the next moment, the next step. Be good to yourself......:ghug3
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sark I thought alcohol was part of my personality, it turned out that it wasn't part of my personality at all, it was basically all I knew. stick with it and you will do just fine.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support, that makes a big diffrence. One thing i wondered is how I am going to explain to my kids why I am leaving for a week. They know I drink alot but not sure they know the extent of it. Also some of my family has no idea what I am doing, mostly friends cause i am more comfortable with that. There is alot of unresolved issues in my family that kind of seperated us so i dont feel they have to know anything. What are your thoughts on this??
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I think who you tell is up to you..... I've told a select group of family/friends, people that I can trust, who love me and are a part of my support system. Your children already know about your drinking, so I think it's best to be honest with them. That doesn't mean you have to go into great detail, but something like "I found someone who can help me with some of my depression and I have to go away for a week. It's a really good thing, though, and will help me in a lot of ways and help me not to drink. I'll be a happier mom....."

When they get older, you can always share more with them. Something else that came to mind is getting them each a present for going the week without you (something for them to look forward to and a way to say "thanks for being strong this week!")

Just my two cents (from having gone to treatment for 30 days, twice, when my kids were growing up). I don't think I'd say "Mommy's sick" because then they'll worry like crazy...... better if it can be a "positive" thing, ya know?:ghug3
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Artsoul, thank you for your input. I think what you said was a good idea. I kind of thought they are stil to young to understand but old enough to understand some stuff, I also dont want to scare them cause they have already mentioned thier fear of me dying the way my husband did.