Notices

support needed - FINAL round

Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hey foodie. Gla I have my phone so I can check in at work with support like u. Foodie sadly I'm having troublefinding those tools! I know about aa and am going to go back but right now honestly I feel like I'm just whiteknuckling it. I don't want to just be noth drinking (as I am now). I want to be healing, growing and finding peace. Granted this is just day 3. Maybe I'm just impatient and trying to run as fast away from this girl I have become in the past 7 years. I just need to give it time as Anna told me before. Give yourself time to heal. I got a lot of growing to do and I am so ready. These first couple weeks months will make me stronger if not anything else. I'm just keeping that faith I'm open to any tools suggested for recovery. Right now it's walking, reading, coloring (I know I'm a nerd), lots of praying, music and staying busy. I am going to go to aa this weekend and church as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hang in there Stepping

It does get easier. I am sober 10 months now with the support of AA and this forum. I believe I had a spiritual experience that removed my obsession with alcohol, something did because I have never been able to manage it on my own.

Stay strong
CaiHong
Old 04-03-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe I'm just impatient and trying to run as fast away from this girl I have become in the past 7 years.
We all feel that way - but it takes time to grow and time to change, I think...my advice is don't miss the journey because, to me, the journey is the recovery

D
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I had many day ones myself, with the grace of my HP and fellowship I have gained I hope that is a day I never repeat. Over three months and feeling good.

Whatever you choose work like your life depends on it. Cause it does.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Thanks Cai, Dee, and Inda You guys are all right! I have to just hang in there.... And I will. I have confidence things will get better if I stay sober; and I know for certain nothing will EVER get better if I continue down the vicious cycle I was on with drinking and TRYING to moderate. It's gonna be a journey but I am ready for the ride The journey's spose to be half the fun they say

I find that in the mornings I do very good waking up, getting to work and starting my day off. Then, almost like clockwork the past two days something has set me off to be crabbby. Doesn't last long but it's there and it SUCKS! Guess this is where "live life on its terms not my own inmature terms" comes into play. I keep repeating that sentence. Along with the quote, "if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you always had" I dont want what I HAD ever again!!!!

Rest up SR and I will check in morning time Thanks GUYS! Love this place!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Checking n on day 4. I'm starting to feel alive again. Finally. Tired but better. Haven't snapped yet it's still early though.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Stepping, was wondering how you're doing and checked the thread, congrats on day 4!! Without day 4 there will never be a day 5, day 6, and day 934,579,437,937...ok well maybe that's too many, but you get the point.

Just do what needs to be done today, don't worry about tomorrow or anything else. Don't pick up, check in here, call a friend, journal... It's totally ok to white knuckle it for now, you'll pick up your tools as the days go by.

Hang in there, it just gets better and better!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Smile

Way to go on Day Four!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats stepping, sweetheart.

Just keep going and seriously, well done. Loved reading your progress.

Sunny xx
Old 04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Thanks foodie,Ophelia and sunny :-) today's been ok. Still the same about 7am to noon I'm just really testy. It may just be my job n general though. I'm sticking to it and regardless of being testy I am much happier than I was when drinking. I have a full set of sober plans lined up for the weekend with tons of stuff to get done off the to do list as well. I'm just gonna keep on trucking I'll check n again tomorrow for day 5!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Stepping,

I am watching you too! Congratulations on your day 4 - it will get easer and better as time goes by - some days are better than others, as you probably know. Take care and be good to yourself. Good plan for the weekend!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yay for Day 4! You were smart to start this thread and check in daily. That's what worked for me along with a few other things. Whenever I strayed too far from SR in the early days, I'd start the "wonder if I can moderate?" conversation with myself. Stay close.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hey rain and sissy. Thanks for the support today so far is better than the rest. Day 5 :-) just checking n. I wanna thank u all for checking n. This thread is helping me so much. Talk to y'all tonight.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Day 5 down!

So we are having winds 70 MPH here today and it's not the best hair day I have had But it's a sober day!

Day 5 done and I am whooped.

Laughed today more than I have in a really long time! I actually talked to people and had conversations with them wantingly instead of avoiding human contact in fear of an anxiety attack. I am thinking that is a good start to things looking up.
Tonight I am going to relax in a hot bath, do laundry, fix a nice meal, watch TV, maybe read and write, then get to bed early so I can wake up early for my fun filled sober weekend Lunch and a walk with a friend tomorrow. Then movie, dinner and a walk with another one Saturday. Church on Sunday and squeezing in "to do" stuff somewhere in between......if I get to it...if not that's OK too
Living life on it's terms NOT my own!

Have a great, cozy, restful night everyone!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Sounds good stepping! For me... keeping busy is really good! I love to have things to do and the energy to do it! Happy Easter
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Happy Easter Jobei! Yes staying busy is a must for me too! And my energy seems to be returning!!! It'll just keep getting better

GOOD MORNING SR!!!! HELLO DAY 6! Such a beautiful day today! I feel great! Got to sleep in and now I am enjoying some coffee I am going to go for the longest walk ever today Then meet up with a friend for some dinner. So as for how I feel...good obviously...but woke up with a tightness in between my shoulder blades...could have slept wrong may be alcohol still working it's way out. Regardless I am super happy and am sure a hot shower will loosen me up! Have a great day everyone. I will check in tonight after my funfilled sober AND non hangover day to start my weekend off RIGHT!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

So guess who added new curtains to all windows in her apartment yesterday....this sober girl. Granted my friend had to help with the rods and all...but I did it. It may be silly but..... It feels great! I would have NEVER have had the patience, ability to think colors, think material, think measurements, wal mart shopping lol etc. when drinking. It's the little things. Now I can save some money and some sweat
Along with that I got batches of flowers to put out in vases, air freshner rod things, cleaned a little around apt, groceries, dinner with a friend, walked, TV and LOTS done yesterday. Never would have happened when drinking.

Today...my friend wanted to go to a movie. I am just so not a "sit down and watch a movie in a dark theatre when the sun is shining outside" person. So I suggested lunch and a walk. I am thinking a nice pizza buffet! YUMMMM!! They agreed. After this I will stop at whole foods and load up on some fresh veggies and fruit and other healthy snacks for the work week. Then tonight I am dusting, vacuuming, dishes, laundry etc...cleaning this place to a fair you well.

Anyway, this post may be silly but in early sobriety it really is just about getting your life back. It's that simple. Doing stupid things that people take for granted....Things that are every day easy things to others but for an alcoholic are a constant challenge. It's a constant challenge just to live when drinking. No more just surviving here...I feel like I am LIVING again (well started to with this nagging voice that remains in my head that I battle with daily)....I got faith it'll get easier if I just don't drink

Just checking in on day 7 letting my friends at SR know that I am doing really good

HAVE A GOOD SATURDAY EVERYONE!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Day niner lol. Day 9. Was busy yesterday and didn't get to check n for day 8....well not really to much exciting to say except I was and am sober hope everyones Easters were great. I'm feeling really good. Have a good day friends
Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Fantastic work stepping!!!!!!!!!!! You little star, keep the momentum going!

I ht day 100 today and I tell you, giving it up is the best thing I have EVER done.

So happy to hear tou are doing so weel. Fair play chick!!

Keep truckin'

Sunny xx
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Sunny

D