Notices

hi, all

Old 03-31-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi, all

My name's daniel. I've been drinking for 2 years. My drinking got real bad when both my parents passed away in late 2010. I started drinking immediatly, and drinking hard. I'm not sure if im alalcoholic yet, but i'm drunk right now and i'm here so something must be wrong. I had my first major incident two weeks ago. I started drinking beers and then started drinking vodka, and before i knew it i was in the garage of my house and my grandpa found me crying about something, i can't remember what. I drink whenever i'm just a little stresed. when ever my mom comes into my mind i take a swig of vodka, and then another, and them amother, and then i can't control what i drink, i just drink until someone stops me. I don't like this. i think my problem lies in coping with my moms death. My dad died but too, and i miss him, but i can live without him, i did for 20 years. even before her death i drank heavily, every night. i got wasted every night. I think i might need help, i don't want to waste my life doing this. I have big dreams and a good plan but i'm afraid if i don't learn how to live without my mom i'll wind up dying of alcoholism. thank you.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie, sorry you're having such a rough time, but glad you've found this forum. Stick around - you'll meet a lot of very supportive people here

xx
Old 03-31-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Daniel))) - I'm so sorry for your loss but welcome to SR! I was addicted to crack, but I used it to get through a lot of feelings I wasn't capable of feeling. SR has been a huge part of my recovery.

I do want to suggest that if you decide to quit drinking, please get checked out by a dr. Alcohol withdrawal does a number on our bodies, and it can be fatal. It's just a good idea to get checked out by a dr.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-31-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to meet you, Daniel:

Sounds like you have some things to deal with. We're with you.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR danielpm1989...This place is a great site for support....You're making a good move. We've been there...And know ways to get out.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Daniel,

So sorry about your Mum, you must love her dearly? You did mention though you were drinking heavily before her passing. So for whatever reason you are drinking heavily you do realize it has to stop.

I hope in the morning that you hold to that conviction and put a program into place to support a sober life.

All my love
CaiHong
Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Daniel,

Your story broke my heart - I am so very sorry.

Yeah, you need to get a grip on this right away - before something really bad happens. And it will, I promise. If you want to get more frightened than you already are, keep reading this forum. You don't want to see what your bottom is, and what happens before you get there. It is really scary.

You are so young - you can take care of this now, and live a happy, productive, sober life. I really want that for you. Maybe quit to honor your Mom? (I quit 7 months ago after a four year relapse to honor one of my dogs that died - well, that and I was about to lose everything that mattered to me, including my life.)

You really need to see a doctor about detox. Be totally honest and follow his advice. There are a lot of ways you can approach this, but take it step by step, with the first step being going to a doctor/detoxing. Come on, you can do this. Do it now because I promise you it will never get better and it will never get easier. Much love to you. Take care. Elizabeth
Old 03-31-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great advice here Daniel - and I urge you to see a Dr as well for detox.
You'll find a lot of support here to stop drinking

Your mothers passing has obviously hit you hard - and I'm sorry for your losses.
Have you considered grief counselling at all, as well?

D
Old 03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to our family, Daniel. You aren't alone - we all understand. Very sorry to hear of your parents passing. I get why you wanted to numb yourself to cope with the pain - but it isn't a solution. All the problems are still there when we sober up.

You can have a beautiful new life, Daniel. You said it yourself - you have big dreams & a big plan & you don't want to waste your life. You don't have to! I hope you'll keep talking to us and let us help.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Daniel,

How are you doing today? Update, please! take care
Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

My condolences on your losses.

You wrote:
'I've been drinking for 2 years. My drinking got real bad when both my parents passed away in late 2010. I started drinking immediatly, and drinking hard."

"even before her death i drank heavily, every night. i got wasted every night."

Are you ready to stay stopped? It will help you to grieve properly and to move on with your life. I don't know how long you've really drank, but I'd guess it's been a long time.

AA works for me. Others use AVRT. Something has to change.

You can stay stopped! Start by seeing a doctor for proper withdrawal. Join a grief support group. You can get well!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Daniel, I'm sorry for what you have gone through in your life.

Please do whatever it takes for you to stop drinking.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Be careful of not thinking you're an alcoholic "yet". I was 16 when I knew something was wrong and went to my first AA meeting. I pushed it out of my mind because I was too "young" to be an alcoholic. Then I was full on binge drinking almost daily by 18-19. I didn't admit to myself that I am an alcoholic until this past year, and I'm still struggling to get sober (I'm 23). Start your recovery now, before you lose your career/ your health/ your friends/ etc.