Notices

4th day sober!!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4th day sober!!

Head feels clearer but body close to exhaustion. Day 4 without alcohol and last night I slept for the first time in years!! Feels like its not enough. Back at work today and would much rather be at home!!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Random Guy

The sleep will come so I am told, but I know that when I do sleep I feel way more rested then when I was drinking. I am passing two weeks now congrats on four days, keep going it will get better, even two weeks and there is a noticeable difference for me. Much less anxiety, even though it still comes on in waves they are much quicker to pass now. I am sleeping well when I can sleep but that is a preexisting issue for me (I swear I was born thinking that earth had 36 hour days) and I am way more calm now. Still working on happy sometimes but I am enjoying the calm. again congrats don't stop.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
So it goes

Jeni, it does get better. Your body needs a little time to recover you have put it through an awful lot. But we are very resilient, and you will find yourself improving, it took a week or so for me, for some its more, for some less, but it happens and when it does, it is wonderful.
INH, glad to see you are getting on well too, SR is powerful
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jen, great to hear from you again. Day 4 was the worst for me - keep plodding through and you'll start to feel some changes really soon. Day 5 was okay, and day 6 was awesome, although I still felt hungover in the morning until about day 7. So impressed by your resilience hun - we're all rooting for you

xx
Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

keep staying stopped!

Congrats!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Lets those days build and soon you sleep great and feel even better.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Home again and feeling so proud of myself. Had to do a presentation in front of the staff which would usually leave me crippled with anxiety and desperate for a drink. Did it perfectly well without alcohol and also managed to resist the usual 'reward' bottle of wine tonight. Done a lot of reading on this site and although some of it is painful to read as it makes my situation 'real' it is helping me so much. Next step is AA.