Notices

New to sobriety :/

Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

How are you doing today NOFX? Are you still drinking?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm still on 3 cans a night,I only drink after 7 pm,been the same for years. I'm finding it hard to eat at the mo, living off skol super & peanuts :/ . I'm determoned to beat this monkey on my back ,it's been there too long. I worked it out that I've spent over £40000 on beer since I was about 16. Gutting ! Could have done so much else !. Oh well thats the past. Gotta keep moving forward.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh hun, if you've got liver and pancreas damage you really got to stop.

I'm assuming you're a NOFX fan:

Rancid - Bob (NoFx cover) - YouTube

...Sorry, I like the Rancid version better

Alot of us on here seem to have given up booze and taken up chocolate...could ya do that?

Or Rational Recovery?

Whatever you try, I'm rooting for you x

Last edited by Dee74; 04-09-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: removd link
Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi. I think "bob" was written about me,but they got the name wrong . I'm going to the docs at 3.40 today.I've got a pain in the left lung(heavy smoker)I'm gonna bite the bullet & get a detox,if the lung thing aint serious. I've got really run down over the last 6 months, not eating properly, etc. Gonna try & get a full body check over. Wish I could do something about the depression :/ . I'm on duloxatines,they help a bit,but it's always there.It's stopped me doing so much,I quit uni cause of it. I'm always worried about people I care about. It don't go away. But I've gotta get straight,we've got a baby coming on august 4th
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I Got to the docs, they said the appointment was 12.40. Odd, seeing as thats not what they told me :/ . I went to the local hospital & had an ECG, looks like the hearts fine, just gotta get to the docs again for a proper check up.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi. It looks like I've torn/broken something. I've got ribs liks a budgie :/
Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
I've got really run down over the last 6 months, not eating properly, etc. Gonna try & get a full body check over. Wish I could do something about the depression :/ . I'm on duloxatines,they help a bit,but it's always there.It's stopped me doing so much,I quit uni cause of it. I'm always worried about people I care about. It don't go away. But I've gotta get straight,we've got a baby coming on august 4th
Hmmm, you sound a wee bit like me. This was really hard for me to accept but the only way I was going to get any help with anything, physically or mentally was to quit drinking. I realised that the doctors weren't taking me seriously, not least because alcohol was the potential cause of all my problems, including depression. They never really explicitly told me to stop drinking or offered me the help I thought I needed, so I wouldn't really expect that from them, but I reckon that your anti depressants will work a lot better without the drink, eventually your appetite will come back and you'll be in a much better state of mind for when the baby comes. You have to do this for yourself though. I can only tell you that I've not drank for a month and a bit out of at least 12 years and I've never felt better. Don't give up quitting x
Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take care of yourself NOFX.
How are the detox plans?

D
Old 04-14-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi. Still on 3 cans a night :/ . I'm seeing my doctor on monday for a full check up. I'm gonna ask for a detox. Hopefully the diazepam won't have the same effect as before :/ . I'll get back on here when I've started it
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi people. I saw the doc,he knows my history with diazepam(uncontrollable rage) so said I should cut down 1/2 a can a week. Looks like I was getting it right . I've been pouring 1/2 a can away each night.But It's gotta be done.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
Hi people. I saw the doc,he knows my history with diazepam(uncontrollable rage) so said I should cut down 1/2 a can a week. Looks like I was getting it right . I've been pouring 1/2 a can away each night.But It's gotta be done.
I don't see why you can't just cut it out completely...Are you talking about a half a can a beer a day?....Maybe I misunderstand.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I remember telling a sponsor once that I had a real problem with trying to be religious. He told me to not worry about being religious, and just concentrate on being spiritual. When I asked what the difference was, he said being religious is about getting to heaven and avoiding hell. Spirituality (in this case) is for people who have already been to hell, and never want to go back. I was sold!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I don't see why you can't just cut it out completely...Are you talking about a half a can a beer a day?....Maybe I misunderstand.
Hi. It's 9% beer. If I stop outright I'll have fits, & maybe strokes. I don't fancy that,especially as we've got a little un on the way . I'd love to be able to take diazepam,as everyone else seems to do.But I can't control the rage thats in me when taking 'em .
Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I really don't know much about prescription drugs hun but is there something you could take other than diazepam if it doesn't agree with you? x
Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm trying to find out about valerian root. I have to take duloxatine anti depressants,& I'm not sure about the combined side affects. I'll ask my shrink when I see him next month
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi NOFX

Keep seeking solutions for better wellness, you can do it!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi. It's like Winston churchill said "If you're going through hell, keep going"