SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3 without alcohol (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/252419-day-3-without-alcohol.html)

Jeni26 03-25-2012 09:55 PM

Day 3 without alcohol

Just heading off to work for the first time in a long while without a hangover. Feel so anxious!!

Sapling 03-25-2012 10:01 PM

I used to hate to go to work with a hangover....You got to be feeling better than that...Have a great day..

2001jk 03-25-2012 10:01 PM

Way to go!!!! Keep up the awsome job!!!!

NewBeginning010 03-25-2012 10:05 PM

have a great shift :scoregood

Hopeless71 03-25-2012 10:22 PM

It does feel wonderful huh!

jobei 03-26-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sapling (Post 3335105)
I used to hate to go to work with a hangover....You got to be feeling better than that...Have a great day..

Yes I hated it so much myself that I'd stop at the liquor store and have a liquid breakfast. It would relieve the hangover (for an hour or so) and then about midday it would come back with a fervor... just by lunch time... time for another "pop". Then try to leave work early if possible and head right to the store (same one) and race home. What a viscious cycle. I'm so much happier without it.

hypochondriac 03-26-2012 04:56 AM

I love going to work without a hangover now but the first week sober was a bit hazy. I was so tired all the time I went straight to sleep when I got home. Keep calm and sleep lots x

stillsleeping 03-26-2012 05:01 AM

Good luck hun. Tell us how it goes....
x

Anna 03-26-2012 05:39 AM

Jen, I think you'll quickly get used to going to work without a hangover. :)

I hope you can relax and enjoy your day.

Blowfish 03-26-2012 07:18 AM

You're doing great! The anxiety will pass in a few days and you'll be really rocking and rolling! Working with a clear head is good stuff, keep it up.

IndaMiricale 03-26-2012 07:32 AM

I am with joebi, I drank from the moment I woke threw the day as a bartender it was easy, then continued threw the night. Every day getting threw it was just so much work.

I so dont miss those days thanks for the reminder. :)

Enjoy it , it sure feels good. :)

johnny2times 03-26-2012 07:34 AM

well done jeni! :You_Rock_ keep going

Firehazard 03-26-2012 07:38 AM

Nice going, It takes courage and I pray you make it thru and back to your safe zone.

Have you gotten rid of the alcohol in your home?
:scoregood

Jeni26 03-26-2012 11:16 AM

Thank you all for your messages of support. Today went ok, though think I was more emotional than usual ( no doubt because I wasn't self medicating!). Got through it then had a major craving for alcohol as I was driving home as needed to reward myself for getting thru the day. Had internal battle with myself but managed to resist and am so very pleased!! On the apple juice now and feeling exhausted! And no, there is absolutely no alcohol in the house. Thank you all my friends.

Sapling 03-26-2012 11:25 AM

Good job Jeni...Everyday is a victory...Keep moving forward...Are looking into working a recovery plan to help you?...AA...AVRT...SMART?....Might be good to look into with the free time you'll have not spent drinking.

MarkstheSpot 03-26-2012 11:33 AM

Nice one, Jeni. I always imagine that feeling of exhaustion to be a good thing, like your body's resetting itself or something.

Jeni26 03-26-2012 11:38 AM

I haven't got any support plan as yet and really need to find one that suits me. Have spoken to someone from AA but haven't had the courage to enquire about meetings yet. An a bit scared to be honest and unsure of the best path for me. I know I have choices to make but am delaying it I think.

GrowingDaily 03-26-2012 11:58 AM

Are you sure you're not waiting yourself out to see if you can make it before you commit to meetings, in fear of public failure?

If that's the case, understand that's not the right way of thinking. The meetings are your tool for success, not a gradient to be judged against. You're only hurting yourself by not taking advantage of them.

I understand shame - and the fear of shame. But please remember - everyone there is just like you. They're not going to judge you. They're there to help themselves, and in the process, hopefully impact others lives in a positive manner. You should do the same. Help yourself.

Anna 03-26-2012 12:04 PM

Jeni, you'll see lots of different ways to recover when you look around here. And, yes, you do need to find something that's right for you. Good for you for getting through the day.

And, of course, there is lots of support here at SR. :)

Jeni26 03-26-2012 12:14 PM

Ah. I think there is a real element of waiting to see if I can manage without it before committing. I hadnt really thought of it before because this is the first time I've ever tried to give up. Am very scared of failing. I have given up cigarettes numerous times, for months at a time and always gone back to it and really don't want to do the same with this, it's so very important to me that I succeed with this. That is so very true.