SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feels good to be sober today! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/252283-feels-good-sober-today.html)

Dominica2 03-24-2012 07:29 AM

Feels good to be sober today!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported me last night when I was going through a really tough craving. You all were right, I do feel good this morning. Not hungover and not still in bed bitching about how I wasted the day because I dont feel like doing ****. I woke up at 8 am and cooked my daughter sausage and eggs and started cleaning the house. Busy day today. Going to 2 AA meetings today (one at noon and one at 8 pm). Then I am taking my daughter swimming at my grandmothers apartment providing that she is feeling better. She just completed round 2 of her chemo treatment. The weekends really are my weak point, but if I keep going to meetings and keep myself busy, I dont think it will be an issue. I am almost at the 2 week mark, and I am not gonna lie, it has actually flown by. Feels like I quit 3 days ago. I am not saying I haven't struggled with this (obvioulsy) but the days do get better and I am starting to realize everything I have to be thankful for and not be so negative or take everything for granted. It's amazing how alcohol makes you so selfish. I am really hoping I start to feel happy soon though. It kind of feels like I have depression trying to creep up on me. Again, thank everyone so much for the support. It really does get me through all this.

Dom.

Sapling 03-24-2012 07:36 AM

Glad to see you feeling better Dom...Enjoy the meetings. Hope your grandmother is feeling better.

Dominica2 03-24-2012 07:49 AM

Thanks Sapling for your continued support. it means the world to me. Have a great day!

IndaMiricale 03-24-2012 07:56 AM

So nice to hear your feeling better and up and about. :)

Keep on doin what your doing and watch the promises come. :)

Dominica2 03-24-2012 07:59 AM

Thanks Inda! :c031:

desertsong 03-24-2012 08:01 AM

I'm very glad to hear that you didn't drink last night, Dom. Keep going - it gets better and better. :)

Dominica2 03-24-2012 08:03 AM

Me too, Desert. It was really difficult but I pushed through it. No point in giving up now! Thank you :c031:

neferkamichael 03-24-2012 08:20 AM

Nice thread Dominica, glad to hear you are doing so well. Sausage and eggs? Sounds good to me, think I'm gonna go do the same thing right now. Have a good day.

Dominica2 03-24-2012 08:23 AM

Thanks Michael. She enjoyed breakfast lol. Have a great day as well! :0)

sugarbear1 03-24-2012 08:26 AM

I'm happy you didn't drink! Have you found a sponsor yet? :)

Lind 03-24-2012 08:30 AM

So happy for you and very proud!! Way to go Dominica!!!Lind

Dominica2 03-24-2012 08:32 AM

Thanks, SB. Yes, I did. She is awesome! I only have one concern, though. She only has a year sobriety. I dont know if that should really be a concern, though?

Dominica2 03-24-2012 08:32 AM

Thank you Lind!!

ACOAHappyNow 03-24-2012 01:56 PM

I'm so proud of you and so happy! This part is hard, but it leads to a good life, please believe all of us when we promise you this!

Dee74 03-24-2012 02:02 PM

Glad you feel better Dom :)

D

NewBeginning010 03-24-2012 02:22 PM

Right on Dom :scoregood

Imagine having to do your busy day a hungover mess UGH!

Have an awesome weekend!

P.S. I am sure your daughter loved you cooking this morning & taking here out today.... :ring

Justfor1 03-24-2012 05:10 PM

The depression stuff is very common for a few months after we stop drinking. However, in some cases it remains & needs to be treated as well. I found that out after relapsing many times that I was clinically depressed as well. Congrats on the sober time, I seem to remember you were drinking a large amount of beers per day.