Notices

That Sound Pill Bottles Make Rattling In Your Purse.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That Sound Pill Bottles Make Rattling In Your Purse.

does anyone else relate to that sound? i sure don't miss it...

i can't think of a better place to be tonight than right here on SR...

tonight's rough. i've seriously been here ALL night.

i'm learning so much. so much about myself.

and about addiction.

and how much i have in common with others. how really not-alone i am.

it makes me sad that so many people get hooked on oxys and other pain killers without knowing of the true dangers involve. it makes me scared for my own children.

teenagers these days have skittles parties. parties where everyone brings handfuls of whatever pills they find in their homes and each person downs a bunch. scary. when i was a teen it was basically weed and speed. no ecstasy. no crack. no heroin. no meth. i don't mean for this to sound all "those-were-the-days" or anything, but in a way, maybe they were?

it makes me scared because my kids were cursed with an alcoholic father (with whom they've had no contact in years) and me, their mother who's been popping pain pills for four years, and whose purse did used to make that pill-rattle sound.

i equate that sound to the sounds of beer cans being opened. someone mentioned that here on SR this week, and it reminded me of my old pill-rattling-purse.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey hon, nice to meet you an hope you got to sleep at some point! Pills are a btch, congrats on gettin clean

Don't worry too much about the kids. They will figure it out, just like we did. We'll just make sure we give them enough smarts to make the journey
Xx
Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi Jillian,

If I haven't said "hello" to you in a previous post, hello! And welcome.

I had a hydro addiction about 20 years ago. It was short-lived, thankfully, but rough ... same old story, built up tolerance very quickly, started combining them with booze, went too far one night and -BLAM- instant hospital trip and 3-day psychiatric hold and quickie detox. The detox was hell. I never went back to them after that and to this day, I don't allow doctors to prescribe pain pills to me unless I'm in agony, and even then, in very small quantities with no refills. It's insidious though, because even after all those years, the sight of a prescription pill bottle can get me a little "excited." Crazy.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel scared for ALL our kids. Times are a changing, not necessarily for the better either. When I feel this way I repeat this quote to myself that I read on here. Always makes me feel better

With all it's sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful, strive to be happy.

Thanx to whoever wrote that