Notices

Weird Side Effects

Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Weird Side Effects

I am having such strange side effects.. I was wondering if they are normal...

I am sweating like crazy no matter what... theres not enough deodorant in the world to keep me dry... I also am waking up SOAKED and am having horrible nightmares.... also when I **** it feels like i am shitting antlers.

Anyone experience any of this?

M
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
So it goes

I think best advice is you go and see your GP
Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

doctor? really? I live in America, I am not getting screwed with some enormous bill...

just paid 250 for a procedure I had done and a 90 dollar bill with my last doctor and I have Personal choice insurance
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you going to AA meetings?

Yes, I had the sweats and the stinks for a while in the beginning.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds a lot like this article:

"5 things nobody tells you about quitting drinking"

You will need to google it, because I am unable to post links due to my low post count with this forum.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

haha ive seen this before... probally where the word antlers came from

About the stench....
"How bad is it? Another Cracked writer on the wagon (who posts as Yowhound) was actually kicked off of a public bus because of this ... in Europe. They've tolerated the French for thousands of years, but they couldn't handle one bus ride with a recovering alcoholic."
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you know what, thanks for adding that article... makes me feel better..
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

perfectly normal mate...i was sweating like Tony Blair everytime there's an Iraq war 'wikileak!'

it will pass , hang in there
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

These are all common withdrawal symptoms. How long have you been sober and how much have you been drinking? You do know that alcohol withdrawal can be fatal right?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

Yeah, thanks for the post LCFF...LMAO...I am just on Day 1 and feel like Sh** but at least I can laugh about the side effects now
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im 28 .... been drinking since 22 ... did not become a problem until I was 24ish... Sober for 4 days... usually I can go 4 days but then I just crash... really think I should go to the doctor? what will the doctor possibly give me
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flyersfan View Post
im 28 .... been drinking since 22 ... did not become a problem until I was 24ish... Sober for 4 days... usually I can go 4 days but then I just crash... really think I should go to the doctor? what will the doctor possibly give me
The biggest health issues are stroke, cardiac arrest and seizures. In my case, I was given a benzo for anti-seizure purposes, and also high BP meds. The Dr will look at your vitals and prescribe accordingly.

Delirium tremens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BelizeDiver View Post
Yeah, thanks for the post LCFF...LMAO...I am just on Day 1 and feel like Sh** but at least I can laugh about the side effects now
lol thats the spirit!! good man!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Flyersfan...it sounds like your body is detoxing. I went through extreme night sweats....soaked everything...i couldnt believe it, it was awful...I feel your pain, but it does pass

That said, I agree with others, if tou can see a Dr you should, detoxing can be very dangerous or even fatal depending on the person. Just saying that is what i've read/heard.

Good luck!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

IMO......you're probably fine BUT I'm not a good source of info as I NEVER go to the doctor....almost no matter what - pretty stupid really.

I think you should hit some AA meetings and see if there's something there for you to identify with and/or to learn.

Stopping is tough enough, but, as you mentioned......staying stopped is really what matters. And actually, it's REALLY, "staying stopped + enjoying life" ...at the same time.

......and that's what I learned in AA - how to enjoy the hell out of life. I don't ever have to remember to think through the drink, don't have to worry about being around booze, don't have to keep my triggers guarded, don't have to worry about whether I get the promotion or not, don't have to think about whether "she" will show up or not, don't have to worry about being hungry/angry/lonely/tired, and I don't need any neat tips or tricks in my mind to deal with the next obsession to drink............all that AND.........I walk around with a smile on my face most days, I'm usually in a damn good mood, I've got more friends (GOOD friends) than I've ever had...and not all are in recovery, I not only don't hate my own guts but I actually like myself now-a-days.

......"not drinking" is great...... getting a whole new life that's kick a$$ - well, that's a whole 'nother level of great.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
The biggest health issues are stroke, cardiac arrest and seizures. In my case, I was given a benzo for anti-seizure purposes, and also high BP meds. The Dr will look at your vitals and prescribe accordingly.

I am already taking lorazapam for anxiety attacks, thats a benzo.... so I should be cool? take 1.5 mg a day

what did they give you?

M
Old 03-22-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am already taking lorazapam for anxiety attacks, thats a benzo.... so I should be cool? take 1.5 mg a day

what did they give you?

M
I cannot remember what they gave me.

Were you drinking and on benzos at the same time? Does your Dr. that prescribed the benzos know how much you have been drinking?

I am no Dr. so I cannot say if you'll be OK or not. You should be honest with your Dr.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Flyersfan

We can't give you medical advice here - noone but a Dr. can tell you if you'll be cool with your meds or not.

I can tell you I sweated a lot and I had bad nightmares for about a week - not sure about the antlers tho....

Many places in the US have free or low cost clinics now - have you checked that out?
Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

D
Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~sb

We mess up our bodies when drinking.

I perspired for almost 2 or 3 months like that, waking in night sweats....I did drink more water and I believe it's just the healing process. I
Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Allright I will start pounding waters... drinking about a galllon a day usually... and I was honest with my doctor