Notices

Some good quotes to think about...

Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some good quotes to think about...

I have seen many good quotes posted in the threads I have read, and it made me think about the 4 quotes I have posted in my office...ironically, all of them apply to my recovery efforts...thought I might share them with you all and maybe you can share some others...

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms - to choose one attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." - Victor Frankl

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamsom

And one of my personal favorites... "Life is a series of problems. Do we want to moan about them or solve them?" - M. Scott Peck
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I cut and paste so many quotes from this site to my notes section on my iPad. I read them often, so inspiring! I will cut and paste these too
Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do too! Doin this!
It's so inspirational. Someone had started a favorite quotes thread a while back, loved it.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Haha...awesome cat lover! Your little sentence is on my ipad too
Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I loved the M Scott Peck quote, looked him up & ordered Road Less Traveled. Seems like a good book to help w/ my journey. I know it's off topic but that's how seeds get planted.
Have you read it? 6Palms