Notices

relapsed on day 2. where do people go from here?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amy2011 View Post
If you want to be sober you start over. If you want to be sober you listen to and follow the suggestions of the people on SR. You find a program of recovery to follow that works for you. I think most of us have found we can't stay sober without a solid plan for recovery. Instead of saying I can't do that you say I will try that. I decided I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink. I realized that my way was no longer working and I listened to the people in AA and on SR about what they did to get sober. I came to the conclusion that I was not unique and I would not be the one that was able to control my drinking even though countless others had failed. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Best of luck!
WOW Amy...What a fantastic post for your fourth one....I see good things in your future..Welcome to SR...!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Bruno, have you read AA's "How It Works" ?

Bob R.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
MINEr

Drunk or sober, life will happen. It is up to you how you want to live it. I am choosing to live today sober.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Bruno, have you read AA's "How It Works" ?

Bob R.
Hi,

I haven't no......is it any good?

Bruno.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm not a big fan of starting the book on the fifth chapter...You want to look at it...Start with the Foreward..Followed by the Doctors Opinion and then read the chapters in order.

The text of Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
www.xanax-addictions.com

I understand Bruno's fight. I also cant seem to give up the alcohol. im drinking 6 to 8 beers a night. i think about quitting everyday but still havent. i love hanging out with friends on my boat and having a few beers, fishing and beer goes well together also and my summer favorite,,, grilling out with a beer near by. I am getting close to 50 and think that it may be doing damage to my body and really should give it up... but
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
Hi,

I haven't no......is it any good?

Bruno.
You said to sugarbear that AA wasn't for you at this time ... I was just wondering how you came to that conclusion if you hadn't investigated AA ??

AA might just be exactly what you need at this time.

That young pup, Sapling, is right there with the goods when required. Thanks S. !!

I wish you the best, Bruno.

Bob R
Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rundown View Post
I understand Bruno's fight. I also cant seem to give up the alcohol. im drinking 6 to 8 beers a night. i think about quitting everyday but still havent. i love hanging out with friends on my boat and having a few beers, fishing and beer goes well together also and my summer favorite,,, grilling out with a beer near by. I am getting close to 50 and think that it may be doing damage to my body and really should give it up... but
I remember well in 1989 sitting in my car in the driveway of the Recovery Home. I had a gun and it was all I could do to not cap myself.
What should I do??.... kill myself or go into the building ?????... an alcoholics dilemma.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You sound a lot like me...I quit at 51....Broken....Jobless...Wifeless...Hopeless and helpless....I do all that stuff sober now. It's much more fun...
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
www.xanax-addictions.com

arnt you glad you didnt choose the other option. you are probably loving life now
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
www.xanax-addictions.com

Sapling, I hope i dont get to the jobless and wifeless part. It was close a couple yrs ago when i was also on xanax. Lost my business and we went broke because of some stupid, unthought out deals. the xanax really didnt make me think right. " Sure I will buy that house for 1 million bucks, no problem." well that is where alot of stress came in.... I try not to let my drinking get in the way of my wife and kids. i drink when they go to bed but they still know i do and that isnt a good example. It is also what i grew up with.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sapling, I hope i dont get to the jobless and wifeless part.
Yeah...I kind of hoped that too....Unfortunately for me....Hoping wasn't enough...I just needed a little more time drinking..
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
www.xanax-addictions.com

me too, but i should listen to you
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I'm not a big fan of starting the book on the fifth chapter...You want to look at it...Start with the Foreward..Followed by the Doctors Opinion and then read the chapters in order.

The text of Alcoholics Anonymous
Excellent Sapling,

Thank you very much.

Bruno.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You're quite welcome...Best book I ever read...It saved my life.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post

I'm good at controling my drinking and will only have 5/6 pints but its back to day one again.
One day you're going to look back and shiver that you ever considered this any kind of control....

Take care of yourself...
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

anyone can do it "one day at a time"