Notices

Day 12

Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Day 12

Today was pretty good but i found myself with downtime that i haven't had in a while and that old feeling creeped up on me again. I've kept myself so busy with meetings and errands and general running around for the past 11 days that this sudden lack of anything to do caught me off guard and my boredom led to some cravings. Nothing i would act on but negative thoughts started to creep in and i found myself cocooning myself in my room. I made the decision to go outside and walk arounf the neighborhood with some hand weights and i can't believe how much good it did me. Hearing the birds, smelling people's grills fire up and hearing and seeing people really helped me connect with my Higher Power and brought me peace. I hope exercise can do for my fellow fighters and sufferers what it has done for me. Keep on working it, people! One second, one minute, one houre, one day at a time!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Congragulations on the 12 days and fighting off the urge. Also "crazy cat lady" :rotfxko.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound like you are doing great Grits...Are you working those steps yet?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey Sapling! Just downloaded the 12&12. Working through 1-3 right now and going to go through them more in depth with my newly aquired sponsor Saturday. Still going to meetings daily. Two tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Don't forget to pick up that phone and start talking to develop a network of people (friends). Maybe they aren't busy and can hang out with you during that down time?

Keep moving forward!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Hey Sapling! Just downloaded the 12&12. Working through 1-3 right now and going to go through them more in depth with my newly aquired sponsor Saturday. Still going to meetings daily. Two tomorrow.
Good for you....This thing works...Just takes a little footwork...Keep going.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I went to my first women's group today and it's going to become part of my regular routine. We had a great time and i really liked the group. I'm beginning to see many familiar faces through the groupa and it's so comforting.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It makes me really happy to see you grabbing this thing by the horns...You don't even know..
Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks Sapling. I had a brief moment this morning where i caught myself in the beginning stages of planning on buying booze. Part of me said, 2hy not one little drink? Who would know" then a louder, stronger part roared back "I WOULD KNOW!!"i lol...that took care of that crave pretty damn quick.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You know where one drink is going to take you...Good job and keep working....The results are beyond what I could describe to you. I mean that honestly.