Notices

Sick of binging

Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick of binging

Hey not sure what to write Im sick of binging once a week and it is only for 1 day.Have lost all my friends and keep getting into trouble but still cant stop.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome AccessAw....Even once a week is too much...It doesn't get better either...Have you tried any programs to stop for good?...AA...Avrt...SMART?...Anything like that?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Welcome AccessAw....Even once a week is too much...It doesn't get better either...Have you tried any programs to stop for good?...AA...Avrt...SMART?...Anything like that?
Hi Sapling no I have not tried anything it happens once a week and when I start I wont stop till I pass out.
I cant keep going on like this when i decide to go drinking there is nothing to stop me..
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drop in on an AA meeting today...It can't hurt...It's free...And if you don't like it...Try something else....I drank daily for 35 years...There isn't much you can tell me about alcoholism...It sucks...But that's how I got out of it. I was in a bad way.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gonna try and stay away from it once again,I can last a week no prob but then forget how bad a feel and go back on it again and hoping for a diff outcome.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been in your spot. Only my binges woauld last three or four days. And that's morning, noon and night drinking.
It was a miserable existance. I hope you stop before the binges get closer and closer together.

What worked for me, was thinking that first drink through to the end. And the misery it would bring.
You can stop. I did. As have many others here.

I wish you the best and post as often as you like.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks ghost I will have no prob making it till next sunday then its really hard,if I get passed the weekend then I am ok again..
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Plan something to do next sunday that will keep ya busy and away from pubs, it will be well worth it monday morning when ya wake up
Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AccessAw View Post
Gonna try and stay away from it once again,I can last a week no prob but then forget how bad a feel and go back on it again and hoping for a diff outcome.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense...Does it..
Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well thats the way I feel if Im not making sense I wont post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

They have a definition for insanity....Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results....I haven't seen it work to often.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Remeber well those nasty binges. I was so used to having them that I actually felt like

normal was the periods in between. Fact is those states of mind had to change for the

drinking to change but then the drinking started them in the fist place. What a vicious

cycle. Had to really slow down and care for myself better to not pick up again and then

look for better living solutions. Keep on looking and you will find your answers.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome AccessAw

You could do worse than to hang out here next weekend when you feel the urge - SR saved my bacon more than once.

I used to be a weekend warrior - I really do think change really is key to getting out of that cycle. I wasn't prepared to make any changes - my drinking got worse and worse and started to happen during the week as well.

It's really down to you as to what changes you're prepared to make, and how far you're prepared to go with that.

You'll find a lot of support and ideas here

D
Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee I will be on here next weekend.I have also told my family and they are going to be behind me on this..