Notices

I'm through!!!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm through!!!

Hi. Im advid marijuana user. Iv been smoking for 7 years non stop. This last year iv been experiencing anxiety. Low self esteem. No motivation.
And depression.
I got into a fight last week resulting in my 2 front teeth being knocked out.
Wasn my fault. Well kinda. Shouldn have been hanging around there.
Since then my smoking habbit has went from smoking 1-2 grams a day. Some days up to a quarter. Even smoked half oz in one sitting before.
But after this last week. I haven been able to smoke like I want to. So iv been experiencing what I belive are withdrawl symptoms. It's been about 10 days of me not truly smoking. And iv been getting hammered with anxiety and depression. Irritability. Paranoid. So I'm motivated to quit smoking and usin marijuana. I want gone with these weird feelings. But after strong research I'd have to say I'm scared of what's to come. The inabitlity to eat sleep and think clearly. I honestly want my old life back. Having fun all the time. But I can't even enjoy myself on weed. So whats the point. I'm getting out
I lost my girlfriend. Job and life because of it. I have a 2 strong hobbies that will encourage me to stop. Snakes and birds. Lol. And hopefully buy a basketball hoop soon. I hope I can recive help and retrieve recovery fast.
That's basicly it. I'm done.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...I don't know much about snakes and birds working for that...But there are programs that can assist you with support from people doing the same thing...Might be something to look into....Yeah...I had to give that up when I gave up alcohol..I think if I can do that...You have a pretty good shot...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

Hey LovingLifeAfter,
I'm also a real pothead; it's the first drug I ever tried (back in high school) and the hardest one for me to kick. I've cut down a fair amount, but it's not enough. I think the hardest part about quitting reefer is the fact that you don't get the really negative short term consequences you get with booze or other drugs (hangovers, getting sick, getting in a lot of trouble because you were wasted off your ass, etc). Not to mention the social thing; all my friends smoke and it can be hard for me to make friends who don't smoke/drink. Can't give too much advice for quitting since I haven't (yet), but I know there are several members on these boards who were heavy stoners and have been clean for years; I know Dee is one. Hopefully one of them can chime in and offer you some advice!
Just wanted you to know that there are others out there like you. Pot can do just as much damage as any other drug, even if it's not noticeable for a long time.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR. Glad you found us.

I don't have any experience with MJ but I understand there can be lots of withdrawal. May be best to see a doctor?

Hobbies are great but I needed fact-to-face support from other people like me to stop and stay stopped. I tried it on my own tons of times. It was just too much and heck, there are lots of people who have been through or are going through something similar so why not use each other as support.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thankyou guys. I'm already and hour in to the day. Has not smoked. Usually I smoke right after bed. But so far no I haven. I have a dentist appt. (for my teeth that was knocked out) and then going to holfully price some basketball hoop.
I'm looking fwd to a clean and pot free life. Hopeing my anxiety and depression slims up to nothing. Thankyou guys for being supportive so far. this is just the beginning for me.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If shooting hoops doesn't work for you...Try checking one of these out...

Official Website of The Southern California Region of Narcotics Anonymous

Good luck to you man!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Marijuana Anonymous World Services

Welcome to SR! I gave up mj and alcohol, give yourself 6 months to a year....it does get better!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

NA would probably be a big help to you in your recovery.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi LivingLifeAfter - welcome

Like Image said I smoked daily for over 20 years so I know what it's like to quit. It's not much fun.

The good news is tho if you're already at day 10, I think you'll be feeling better really soon, if my experience is any guide.

Then the real work starts tho...

For me, staying off pot was more difficult than actually getting off it in the first place.

I had to make some big changes about how I lived my life and who I hung around with, but you'll find a lot of support and ideas here

I didn't use a group besides SR but there are also groups like NA, MA (Marijuana Anonymous) and SMART (non 12 step) if you feel you need 'real life' support/meetings

If you stay committed to this change you'll be ok - and you'll amazed at the positive changes you'll see happening

you can do this LLA!

D
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am off MJ about 7 weeks after years "20+" of smoking, i just kept myself busy, got thru it ok and feel fine now, I am nearly 3 days off the beer now and feeling great, don't ever want the trouble/blackouts/and acting the complete ******** in my life ever again,
Best of luck with it LovingLifeAfter, it gets easier
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Hi DUDE , Good to have you here. Your story reminds me of many that blew my mind when I stumbled into a Marijuana Anonymous meeting in Oregon. Actually attended a huge drum circle they had without THC. I could not relate to that level of use as my big issue is alcohol so I went the AA way but maybe you can. See if they are located in your area.