Notices

It's a good morning.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's a good morning.

To be sober again. i got through the day one with luck on my side, had some early signs of panic that i was able to avoid that with a minor adjustment. Thank you to the kind people here for even talking with me the other night, let alone all the excellent help.

That was a close call for me to be sure, i won't beat myself up, and not to minimize, but a normal six month stretch for me would be around seven hundred drinks, this past six months was about forty, so i guess that was at least a little progress. I have found something that will keep me buzy and when the inevible urge to drink returns, i'll read that thread from the other night, so Thanks..

I am going to check out some of the online support for anxiety too.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're back, Dan!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

buzy or busy? giggles.

Glad you made it through day one!!! Just today, don't drink.

You can do today!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OCDDan View Post
I am going to check out some of the online support for anxiety too.
If you're anything like me Dan...Getting alcohol out of your life will take care of most of that....Glad you're back...Don't drink today..
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Sapling, at least i know i'm an alcholic, won't have to try and figure that one out.. i know what you mean about don't drink today, that bottle of scotch has already be calling me.. hhhh
Old 03-18-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dan, We know you can do this & be free of all the drinking drama. It gets old. In the end I realized it was just not fun anymore - and never could be again. The sober life I now have, that once looked so boring, is joyful & filled with hope. Yours can be too. Proud of you, Dan.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i know i'm an alcholic
Nothing wrong with being an alcoholic...I was an alcoholic since I was a kid...The problem lies in not doing anything about it...I mean...If there is a way out of that nightmare...Why wouldn't you look into it?...It's all about action Dan...Without it...You drink...
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks GirlFromCo, Sugarbear1, Sapling and Hevyn,

This crazy, as of now I'm gonna try to not drink at all, this is the hard part, but after two weeks it will be easier, I'm gonna sweat it out, going back to what worked for five months.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What worked for five months Dan?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
What worked for five months Dan?
your not going to like it, at least for these two weeks, the na beer will work for me. let's please not start the na beer argument tho, just look at all the other threads about it..
Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think thats kinda like trying get off Coca Cola by drinking Pepsi, Dan.
It's not addressing the real problem - and I think you know that too.

D
Old 03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

your not going to like it, at least for these two weeks, the na beer will work for me. let's please not start the na beer argument tho, just look at all the other threads about it..
You have a pretty good idea how that worked for you...I don't need to look at any threads...Maybe something different this time Dan...Let me ask you honestly....Do you even want to stop drinking for good?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think thats kinda like trying get off Coca Cola by drinking Pepsi, Dan.
It's not addressing the real problem - and I think you know that too.

D
It did work for a while, better than i would have done, at first i was pounding eight or nine of them, gradually the brain say's hey there's not much reward and slowly i was down to three or four. i think it will help for a short time. yes it's not addressing the real problem, just the problem at hand, the withdrawal for two weeks, i do mean it, not being sarcastic
Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You have a pretty good idea how that worked for you...I don't need to look at any threads...Maybe something different this time Dan...Let me ask you honestly....Do you even want to stop drinking for good?
No! i don't want to quit at all. but i feel i need to. I agree, something different, i'm just getting by day by day as long as i don't drink.. thanks, by the way, i appreciate all the responces
Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No! i don't want to quit at all. but i feel i need to.
You think a few more repetitive ass whippings might do the trick?...What's it going to take to make you willing to do it?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You think a few more repetitive ass whippings might do the trick?...What's it going to take to make you willing to do it?
Well' i've had too many withdrawal episodes already, lets hope this is the last one. after what i read about the kindling effect, cold turkey doesn't sound like the finest of idea's. I'm with ya all the way, I do need to stop, and deep down i really do want to stop. I'm more dedicated now, and you guys help me a lot! (no i'm not going to aa tho) it made me drink more. ok, went to rehab for a couple hours per night, then an aa meeting, then get a hellatious buzz on after words cuz i was so stressed out. I'm stickin with na for two weeks, then i'll worry about it.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You go to NA meetings...Or you drink NA beers?...So AA made you drink more...You went to one meeting you didn't want to be at and got drunk after....Not exactly giving it your all...I hope you find something else Dan...This stuff can and will kill you if you play around with it.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Thanks Sapling, at least i know i'm an alcholic, won't have to try and figure that one out.. i know what you mean about don't drink today, that bottle of scotch has already be calling me.. hhhh
What bottle of scotch? One in your house? If so, pour it down the sink, dude.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You go to NA meetings...Or you drink NA beers?...So AA made you drink more...You went to one meeting you didn't want to be at and got drunk after....Not exactly giving it your all...I hope you find something else Dan...This stuff can and will kill you if you play around with it.
actually I've been to numberous aa meetings (court ordered) been through rehab three times, lot's of meetings, maybe more than you.. and uh, it was a regular thing, rehab, aa, favorite resturant for long island ice tea, (shake and bake is what they called them at the time). Na beers i'm afraid, i needed something to calm me down or that bottle of scotch was coming out (had a couple interesting encounters at the store and on the way back tho). feelin better now, i've been couped up all weekend, gonna take a walk after dinner. thanks for puttin up with me. you too Dee, sorry, i think i had too many neurons firing incorrectly...
Old 03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wow...That's quite a track record....You might have done more meetings than I have...I bet I've worked more steps than you have...That is the program of recovery...