Notices

the 12 Promises

Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

the 12 Promises

It's only been a little over a week and i'm already seeing so many changes in my life. I've experienced some of the 12 promises come true. My social anxiety is so much better. Through the help of my AA group, i am more comfortable around strangers. I'm even going to start volunteering and attending AA groups away from my home group. Job opportunities are opening up. A book store where i always inquired about openings (always no) is suddenly hiring. All in the week that i finally decide to get sober for myself and turn my live over to the Universe and my Higher Power. Also, i attended a First Step meeting for someone yesterday morning and ended up myself getting a permanent sponser. Talke about serindipity! I thought life without alcohol would be dull but i've been hopping busy every day since. If this is life, what i had been doing must have been some sad form of half life or half death. I feel fulfilled, enriched, useful, genuine, honest, sincere, capable, humble and happy.

I hope everyone still suffering out there tries reaching out there for all the hands reaching back. We're there. And if you think you might want to try AA, give it a shot. It won't hurt. Just come if you feel the time is right for you. Good luck and never give up.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

More promises come after we begin to complete step 9. Many promises are in the book other than those we hear about!

I'm happy for you!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found the same thing in early sobriety. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had removed two 'friends' from my life, and suddenly two more amazing women appeared and became an integral part of life. One of them was a true mentor to me.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's nice to see the light come on...Enjoy the ride.