Notices

I made it through day 5.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

I made it through day 5.

This was by far the most emotionally taxing day I have had in months. My grandmother (she raised me) had a head shaving "party" due to her terminal cancer. All of the males in the family shaved their heads as well. That was difficult. I had some issues from the past sneak back up on me at that same party with my husband, so that was drama. The cherry on top of the sundae though, is that everyone was drinking! Yesterday was day 5, and needless to say I was having terrible cravings and withdrawls. It was extremely difficult to get through it. There were several times I tried to justify in my mind that I deserved a beer after such a ****** day. BUT I didn't. I went to the supermarket, picked up some home items and walked right past the beer aisle. Every sober day cant be as bad as yesterday. At this point, to be honest, I am depressed. Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go Dominica! And if sober days to come can't be as bad as yesterday, then you have made it through the worst! Congrats on making it through a very tough day.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! The early days are tough. I'm proud of you for doing the right thing.

Just remember how you'd feel right now if you had drank.

Best to you, and keep it up.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Good Job Dominica! I am hanging in there as well and rooting for you! Double congrats for making it one through an event where other people were drinking and two past the beer aisle. I know very well the sirien call that damn place calls out. Just imagine it as the death aisle and every can 'o' beer has a hazardous waste sign with a big skull and crossbones on it haha. I have given myself over to the RR/AVRT side of the house and it has really helped me not to feel bad about quiting this time, I don't feel like I am loosing out anymore, just that I am taking the first steps twords a better life. Even if things go bad in my personal/proffesional life (and I think they will) I know that I have finally fixed my drinking problem and that in itself is a cause for celebration. You will get there too. For the record I am only on day 6 or 7 I am not really sure. tomorrow I officaly call it a week but that is neither here nor there.

Stick to your guns!

^ for your grandmother
Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a major day you made it through...Dom. Be good to yourself today...Alcohol wouldn't have made that day any better...Just keep building strength from it....You're doing great.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks y'all! I really am more commited than ever and now I am on day 6. If I can through this hellish experience, why the hell would I want to go through it again? I have done so much damage to everyone with my family, and right now I am just trying to show them that I want to make things right. Especially my grandmother and husband. I have put them through unspeakable things and I am looking to a better, SOBER life. The support is always appreciated.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
If I can through this hellish experience, why the hell would I want to go through it again?
I couldn't think of one reason Dom...Not one...
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are a strong lady! Keep going! Get to those AA meetings and get some support, our families job is not to understand or change. We have each other! Nice work.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

I feel strong after making it through yesterday. I really do. It makes me feel like I actually have the courage and strengh to stand up to this disease and make it my b****! Sorry for the language. lol Its a good day today, because today I am sober.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
I feel strong after making it through yesterday. I really do. It makes me feel like I actually have the courage and strengh to stand up to this disease and make it my b****! Sorry for the language. lol Its a good day today, because today I am sober.
What a wonderful way to look at it...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like an incredibly hard day Dom...but I love the courageous strong attitude

D
Old 03-18-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks, Dee. I really am trying to stay level headed. Not the easiest thing in the world to do in early recovery lol
Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ask your HP for help and go to your meetings regularly. Did you tell the AA group how your day went?

Wishing you the best, Dom.

Bob
Old 03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Didn't have a chance, too late before I got home. Just read the big book and went to sleep.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You're doing great Dom. I'm starting all over again tomorrow,.
Got past day 5 and gave in. Don't know why. Just me being stupid and miserable.
Will give it another BEATING tomorrow!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats Dominica I'm on Day 4 myself. Glad to hear things are pulling through for you. Keep it up!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

well done dominca ..proud of ya luv!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thank you! Doing werll thanks to AA and SR!