Notices

Powerless over fridge

Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
~sb

it's all on ice in the cooler, need to get the small one for the condiments....all is well. they open at noon, I already took a stroll there....

life can be a waiting game, watching a Nicholas Cage movie with Nicole Kidman....Transparancy? I didn't see the beginning, the Ice Man Cometh and brought a movie. Sunday antenna tv isn't good.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You are too funny!!! Hope your frig gets fixed soon!! Lind P.S this could be the start of a new movie career for you!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
~sb

World's Worst Home Movies, a new show by sugarbear!

Third set of video tape--"Cat Who Hates Being On Camera, But Is A Real Ham When It's Off Series".....

Update:
So, we (Ice man and I) returned Trespass (had the name wrong), that was a great movie! The other one, Catch .44 didn't work as someone wrote on it with a permanent marker "worst movie ever" on both sides, got promo codes, left them at home. oops.

Upon leaving to return the movies, we saw the office staff unloading soda and water at 11:50; got Transformers. Returned and stopped by office as they were loading their "drink fridge" with said soda and water. That was about 12:20. I also let them know I am more concerned with the fridge motor starting an electrical fire at this point as we can't guarantee it will just shut off, it's clicking more often now--on off on off on off.....

It's now 12:58, no one showed, yet. Emptied some smelly food, found the 4 defrosted filet mignons (I eat well and find great prices on a low budget, so lots of veggies, fish and steak for dinner tonight, then to the cooler!). I had just bought food, so I have a receipt...knowing the freezer hasn't been perfect. Ice Man doesn't eat meat....

Crab, pork chops, other things, gone. Quart of unopened milk, gone. I have photos. Will replace and discuss with office staff tomorrow, just waiting on maintenance to reaffirm that this is "normal defrost!" LOL It's warm outside, so it's not a nice aroma in here, but I refuse to get things to the trash just yet.

Still have two promo codes to use next week.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
~sb

Video shows me turning the temp to all the way cold, so now he claims that it's not working because the temp was all the way cold. That was at 8:47 or so with fridge temp at 44. He claims to return today, but I have to get rid of something that is starting the stink.

Yeah, frustrated, but yeah, on tape. I know they don't have a "spare fridge" so they are trying to salvage a bad fridge. He's still claiming "everything was cold" yesterday--yeah, blocks of frozen veggies and ice cubes stay colder than smaller packages. Simple science.

Thank goodness for Redbox!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
~sb

Well, I have a fridge new to me, probably from an empty apartment....yay~!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Awesome!! So glad to hear!!! Now you have to stock it with all new food. Sorry you had to go through this mess!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
~sb

I may have to suck up the cost, which was only about $25 worth of food, we'll see. I didn't grab the freezer shelf, not sure if I want it, but it was nice for the ice trays.

Thanks! All is okay now! Just some clean up to do.