Notices

Powerless over fridge

Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are killin' me! That's hilarious
Old 03-17-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

I have two waiting for wifi as they are both 30 minutes long. I was trying to tape the clicking sound, but on the video, it sounds like I'm hitting the counter with my fist every so often.

I have one more, but I lost my sprint connection on my phone, will see if the tower gets working again!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The ice cream didn't get much screen time.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

I got a phone call which interrupted the taping; there was more on those longer (and basically phone sitting on a counter with a pounding sound every so often, which has since reduced....) and boring tapes, and the popsickles! lol and a nice view of my dishes I haven't yet washed! My plans were to take a nap cause of my cramps.... I did get a coat of polish on my nails since the first 30 minute video, though! And my cooler is now bleached and ready for food... this is just silly.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ooh frustrating! My fridge blew one year ago after the warranty date. I had to pay a fridge technician over $80AUD to tell me that it couldn't be fixed as it was manufactured in India and the parts were no longer available. Now, after 3 months of continued drinking, I haven't been able to replace it - so we're living out of a bar fridge. lol. I do accept that I'm powerless over people, places and things - including fridges. Yet I know that I would have a fridge by now if I'd managed to stay sober. It's great that you can see the silver lining (ability to organize yourself and apartment in order to get the thing fixed) amongst the cloud (ruined food). Good luck with it all. :-)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
~sb

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/taracyJC16U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My place is a mess. between working and running out at night and being tired from it all, I haven't given the apartment much time! It will be clean tomorrow!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ok, so the clicking fridge and soupy ice cream suck, but the fact that you are able to deal with the situation without going totally bonkers and/or drinking is awesome. You've got what I want: the ability to deal with life's problems without drinking.

Is the clicking keeping you awake? I use a fan in my room (even in winter) to drown out all other noises. Helps me sleep. Good luck with the landlords tomorrow. I'm shaking my head right now and it's a good thing for them it's not me with soupy ice cream.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
~sb

I can get used to most sounds. A year ago, the stove made a similar sound, it was the gas lighter part that was crooked or something. I shouldn't hear it in my bedroom. I usually fall asleep to a speaker tape, half listened to, half by osmosis....
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
~sb

When my phone internet returns, I'm putting up "Joe Snores, parts 1-4"

The phone audio doesn't do justice for his snoring....and he wasn't happy nor was he laughing when he saw them! I, however, lost it laughing after he left and I watched it again!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
~sb

Joe snores is up on that you tube page, so is Wesa (who thinks she is a deeohgee, excpet when being photographed on on videotape!)

the fridge keeps clicking, I'm hoping it has no electrical problems overnight, it's a bit scary. lots of noise outside, apparently the neighborhood is a bit restless and loud tonight.

One last check on the fridge, then sleep since I had to throw out the last of my ice cream!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You having a rough day today sugarbear?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Now that is just to funny and a great post,you made me smile TY sugarbear1.Keep sober and be happy.

Best of luck,
Jessy59
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
~sb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viNJ...e_gdata_player

got into you tube & forgot to call someone for ice. too calm isn't good! fridge temp at 48° now.

not a bad day, just another one sober with a bad memory!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Tragic...Oh well...That was yesterday...And you didn't drink over it...Might have to go down to the office tomorrow and make some noise yourself.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
~sb

that has been the plan, along with calling a friend for ice, but I didn't want to put him out, I know he was busy

well, I'll salvage what I can and charge them the rest.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

There you go...
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you SB and everyone else for making my evening. A Very Fun Thread To Read Here. The Youtube really was something. Reminds me of me Tapping things and making videos.

Chance Goin Nuts - YouTube

Here is my Dog making Noise LOL
Old 03-18-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Our old fridge started doing similar cold-cool cycles. Freezer things started molding because they werent staying frozen. That fridge was almost 20 years old, so paying to have it fixed wasnt practical, and a replacement had to be purchased.

Fun videos...Hope it ends well and all the food hangs on till repairman arrives. Have a good Sunday!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
~sb

They didn't want to replace it, but soupy ice cream is NOT a part of the "defrost cycle!" I may be female, but my dad is an architect guy and taught me about how things work. I am the only one who knows that the washers here don't rotate without being turned off then on at the 2 rotate cycles....I can hear the motor attempting to spin, but no spinning. They also need added water or the clothes aren't really clean. It's Kenmore small load models, these are free standing, but it also happened to the washer-dryer combo (dryer on top) in my old place.

So, the fridge is at 50 degrees, lost my crab and pork chops, the frozen veggies will be eaten this week (oh, my, I really must like spinach!).

The office opens in about 24 minutes....

Ice is here, I salvaged what I could, some things are okay out of the freezer (nuts, chocolate chips) or fridge (condiments, except the mayo).

I hope to have a new one by tomorrow. The clicking, well, that still clicks, but the cycle is about 5 seconds and not any longer (I don't have a clock with a second hand, so it's an estimate).

Gald you all had a laugh! If you want another stupid movie, watch the "Joe Snors pt 1, Joe Snores pt 2 and pt 3. Part 4 was really "the cat comes back." At one point in part 2, I think, I knocked over his jacket and almost tripped on the cat! And the audio gives no justice to his sounds. It does sound like it's a dog, but that is a human and it was soooo loud, I had to video tape it! My phone needs a better audio system.....

giggles.....
Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
MINEr

This was a thoroughly entertaining little ditty of a thread, until I got to this bit of news....

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
lost my crab
Oh the humanity. My dear SB, in my family, this is a capitol offense. I wouldn't be marching down to the apartment managers office, I would be burning it down. Ice cream soup I could get over, sweaty spinach, no problem, but mess with my crab, and we're throwing punches.

Seriously though, it is good that you are documenting this, since it is a dangerous health hazard to have food hovering even slightly above the safe range of 40 degrees. Food out of the safe range can have the bacteria killed by cooking, but the waste product of the bacteria doesn't get eliminated in the cooking process, and itself can make you sick. Keep an eye on those temps.