Notices

Back drinking again

Old 03-16-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
We make our own luck, Dan. Or... we don't. Something to think about, you know?
I'm thinkin about it now.. your right, I wouldn't change a thing, i'm way too happy (except about drinkin), like, if i didn't get that third dwi, i might have been walkin somewhere else and got run over by a semi, there's been so many times that i should have been dead. but i'm not sure what yer talkin about.. ?? i mean, you can put yourself in a situation, i dunno..
Old 03-16-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Dan. Glad you opened up about what happened. That's what we're here for.

I hope you'll find your way back to a sober life, & that you'll enjoy your days instead of feeling bored & restless. I do agree that something needs to replace all those drinking hours. You can get back that good feeling you had during your 5 months sober - this time I hope it lasts Dan. We're here to listen and help if we can.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi Dan. Glad you opened up about what happened. That's what we're here for.

I hope you'll find your way back to a sober life, & that you'll enjoy your days instead of feeling bored & restless. I do agree that something needs to replace all those drinking hours. You can get back that good feeling you had during your 5 months sober - this time I hope it lasts Dan. We're here to listen and help if we can.
Thanks Hevyn, I knew i could depend on you! I agree, those "highly powered organs" can only hold up for so long. , really tho, I am seriously gotta find something to do with myself, or pre-order a new liver and kidneys. granted, I've been bad tonight. i really don't want to die an alkie..
Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OCDDan View Post
i really don't want to die an alkie..
You have a funny way of showing it...Dan.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Your post, and your name has made me very sad.

There was another Dan on this site, he got sober several times, even moved from Canada to the U.S. But for some reason could not stay sober and clean. Several of his friends, myself included just sent up Birthday balloons to him several days ago. Yep he was still a young man and he is gone.

There was another fellow here named Bruce. He was a great chef, would get sober, get a job at an INN up in the wilderness and do great for a while. Then would have to drink again. Bruce died of liver failure due to drinking and Hep C.

I myself died many years ago in an ER after stopping drinking on my own. I almost didn't get that 'second chance.'

It does not matter how long you have or haven't been drinking, it does not matter your age, at any time the next swig you take could very well be your last.

You have a choice. How about exercising that choice and quitting for good.

No, I will not tell you to go to AA. That is only one of many many ways to find sobriety and learn how to live a very fulfilling life sober. See, taking away the alcohol is only PART OF THE SOLUTION. There is a lot of personal work on ourselves each one of us has to do, in order to become comfortable with life sober.

It's your choice to drink, it is your choice to quit.

What's it going to be?

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-16-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post

There was another Dan on this site, he got sober several times, even moved from Canada to the U.S. But for some reason could not stay sober and clean. Several of his friends, myself included just sent up Birthday balloons to him several days ago. Yep he was still a young man and he is gone.

There was another fellow here named Bruce. He was a great chef, would get sober, get a job at an INN up in the wilderness and do great for a while. Then would have to drink again. Bruce died of liver failure due to drinking and Hep C.

I myself died many years ago in an ER after stopping drinking on my own. I almost didn't get that 'second chance.'

It does not matter how long you have or haven't been drinking, it does not matter your age, at any time the next swig you take could very well be your last.

No, I will not tell you to go to AA. That is only one of many many ways to find sobriety and learn how to live a very fulfilling life sober. See, taking away the alcohol is only PART OF THE SOLUTION. There is a lot of personal work on ourselves each one of us has to do, in order to become comfortable with life sober.

What's it going to be?

J M H O

Love and hugs,
hold that thought please, i gotta eat..
Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Dan, I think that when you start a thread on your own relapse and make a smartass response to a lady who told you something personal about herself...it becomes hard to take you seriously.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newleaves2012 View Post
Dan, I think that when you start a thread on your own relapse and make a smartass response to a lady who told you something personal about herself...it becomes hard to take you seriously.
I'm truely sorry about that, please explain
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newleaves2012 View Post
ok, i'm back, the only thing i can think of is that i said i had to eat and hold that thought, how did i go wrong? i sincerily hope that i didn't offend anyone, please tell me how i can apologize.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

okay. when a lady tells you about her friends who have died from alcohol and then tells you that she was also basically clinically dead, try and not tell her to hold that thought while you get something to eat.
quit drinking man. best thing for ya.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

ok that just popped up after i posted, please give me a chance to read it ok?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

In retrospect, instead of saying i had to eat, was a bad thing, but i saw her post, wanted to respond, but knew i couldn't, (no excuse) i'm hypglycymic, the stove was beepin, i haven't eaten since noon except labatts. so i'm very, very sorry, i still cannot respond to her post because i feel so bad. i have to regroup for a minute please.. i'm very sorry, please accept my apologies. dan
Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What's it going to be?

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Laurie,
It's with a very heavy heart that i respond to your post as i am crying my eyes out now. I'm so sorry for your loss, i do feel the urgency in your post, In all all fairness to myself, I've been distracted and have made a mistake about replying to your very sensitive post, I find your post very valuable (for lack of a better term), please be my friend, i see you signed your post with love and hugs and I feel the same to you, i just don't feel capable of responding at the moment. apologies dan.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Newleaves....maybe you haven't worked with many active alkies but comments like that are par for the course. There's even a line in the AA book about it, "selfishness, self-centeredness, that we think is the root of our problem."

Dan, I'll pray for ya. And bear in mind....one of these "slips" might be your last. I'd be willing to bet that very few of the ppl who've died from this disease figured it would be on their current relapse.

You've seen what "not drinking" is like.....I implore you to try out sobriety (physical, mental and spiritual sobriety..... aka "recovery"). Theres a world of difference between "not drinking" and being recovered from alcoholism. .....and, you get to stay alive to appreciate it.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Dan. I'm sad to hear that you decided to drink tonight. Are you still drinking? Can you get rid of the rest and just hang out here? I really hate to see this happening.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
Hey Dan. I'm sad to hear that you decided to drink tonight. Are you still drinking? Can you get rid of the rest and just hang out here? I really hate to see this happening.
\

Thanks Girl, I feel like I need a solution to what i'm going to do with my time before i can quit, sure, i could quit, but then i'll be right back to incredible pain soon, it will happen.. soon, thanks, it's good to hear from you..
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I know it seems like you need to have something else in order to stop what you're doing, but you don't. You can just quit this right now and be done with it. You choose when things start to get better, Dan. It's all up to you when that happens.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

See, taking away the alcohol is only PART OF THE SOLUTION. There is a lot of personal work on ourselves each one of us has to do, in order to become comfortable with life sober.

What's it going to be?

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Laurie,
Thanks again for your post, i could not agree more with you about the above, after all, i feel there's some charactor defect at the bottom of my adictition, I think (and that's my problem) that i don't want to address, my charactor defects, after all, i'm fifty four years old, I'm more than half my way there (to the end), it hasn't been that painfull... but the booze can kill, siezure, stroke, etc, etc.. I do honestly want to have a happy dope free (alcohol is dope) life, it would be so, so, so much better, so it's no big new idea, sobriety, maintaining it, is the problem for me, the personal work on myself gets me too far out of my comfort zone, oh, I've been out of my comfort zone at work, but you'd think i could do that for myself, hmmm... thanks for your input, anything i can do...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
I know it seems like you need to have something else in order to stop what you're doing, but you don't. You can just quit this right now and be done with it. You choose when things start to get better, Dan. It's all up to you when that happens.
Hi Girl,
I need a replacement for the time spent with alcohol, (and i'm guessing there's other people too} idle hands are the devils playground, (so I've heard)
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dan I spent years doing thinking about quitting, and wanting to know all the answers before I asked the questions.

There's nothing wrong with wanting that, but when you're drinking at the same time ? thats a problem...this thing is progressive.

You don't have to have all the answers today Dan.

Just stopping drinking is enough to be going on with for now - get yourself together again...then you can better figure out, with a clearer head, what you're gonna do with your life

D