Notices

Day 2 too!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Day 2 too!

I am very scared and nervous. I have been drinking everyday from morning until I go be bed for months now. I have always drank, but not that bad. I started getting really sick. I had a big fight with my BFF and felt so quilty. Plus, I was flat broke. I could not afford 2 pack of cigarettes and my beer and wine. I quit both. I smoked and drank for 40 years.

I'm scared I am going to have the DT's, seizures, etc. Cannot afford Doctor at this time. Just trying with the help of you wonderful people on my own.

Do you remember how long it took for to you actually feel better? Energetic, etc. I am just sitting here almost hoping the day will pass.

My face is all red and swollen. My belly is swollen. I am so disgusted with myself.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome muffin1707...First don't be scared and nervous...This whole site knows what you are going through... You are not alone anymore...Detoxing can be dangerous...And there are ways you can do it low cost if not free...
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here is one option you can look into here...Give them a call..

Salvation Army ARC Florida
Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there.Not too long ago I felt the same as you do.
Please consider detox.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Here is another site...It says this on it...Might want to make a call on this one too..

We realize that each individual in Lady Lake, Florida. is in a different financial situation and we will find treatment options for each individual regardless of their financial situation. No matter what your financial situation everyone will receive the treatment help they are looking for.

Drug Rehab Drug Rehab Centers in Lady Lake, Florida Alcoholism Treatment Centers Lady Lake
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There's a thread on this site with great first-hand stories of detoxing. It's called "Quitting: What to expect, what we did".

Here's the link.

Stay hydrated and get yourself some Gatorade or something else that has electrolytes, if you decide to stay home and do this.

But most of all read that thread!! It will give you much info and also help to pass the time.

Best wishes to you! Take a hot bath if you get to feeling antsy.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Muffin

I think it's really important you get medical supervision, especially if you feel unwell or concerned.

A lot of areas in the US have free or low cost clinics:

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
2-1-1 Call Center Search

D
Old 03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Muffin. Very glad you found us - we all understand how you feel right now. You don't ever have to go back to that miserable life again. I hope you'll find help so you can detox safely. Let us know how you are.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can say from my experience, that if i drink coffee during withdrawal, it's not good, it contributes to panic. not to give medical advice, but if you feel panic, palpitations, have someone or an ambulance take you to the ER, for me, it was only the day after stopping that was extreemly dangerous, but you experience could very well be different. calm yourself