Notices

Just for today :)

Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just for today :)

Procrastination

"After a preliminary trial at making amends, we may enjoy such a sense of relief that we conclude our task is finished. We will want to rest on our laurels. The temptation to skip the more humiliating and dreaded meetings that still remain may be great. We may just procrastinate, telling ourselves the time is not yet, when in reality we have already passed up many a fine chance to right a serious wrong. Let's not talk prudence while practicing evasion.

"Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 85

Thought to Consider . . .

Procrastination is really sloth in five syllables.

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*
A.A. Thought for the Day

We alcoholics were on a merry-go-round, going round and round, and we couldn't get off. That merry-go-round is a kind of hell on earth. In A.A. I got off that merry-go-round by learning to stay sober. I pray to my Higher Power every morning to help me to keep sober. And I get the strength from that Power to do what I could never do with my own strength. I do not doubt the existence of that Power. We're not speaking into a vacuum when we pray. That Power is there, if we will use it. Am I off the merry-go-round of drinking for good?

Meditation for the Day

I must remember that in spiritual matters I am only an instrument. It is not mine to decide how or when I am to act. God plans all spiritual matters. It is up to me to make myself fit to do God's work. All that hinders my spiritual activity must be eliminated. I can depend on God for all the strength I need to overcome those faults that are blocks. I must keep myself fit, so that God can use me as a channel for His spirit.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that my selfishness may not hinder my progress in spiritual matters. I pray that I may be a good instrument for God to work with.

Keep working my friends! Help is out there!!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Committing to helping in my AA homegroup helped me overcome my procrastination (and a lot of other things).

Best of luck.

Bob R
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, LostDry

D
Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

If you scroll under the Newcomer's Forum, there's a 12 step forum, too!

Glad you've joined!