Notices

"Our Goal" Please Read

Old 03-14-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation "Our Goal" Please Read

As some of you know, I have been involved in the Newcomer's Forum for many, many years. I LOVE each and every one of the newbies. I feel their raw pain, their sadness and loss and their enormous fear. I have never forgotten those feelings from my days of early recovery. When I arrived here I was incredibly lucky to find a group of people who shared what they knew. They did not tell me what to do, they simply told me what worked for them. There was no negativity whatsoever in this group. And, that's why I stayed. This is my goal for each newcomer who arrives here.

Please share what you know. Please do NOT tell people what they should do. Please don't be negative or criticize someone because they do not follow your path.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

OK, Anna, understood. ESH is the only meal served here, mustard pickles and horseradish are hereby banished to the other forums.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Anna I am 10months today. Others sharing the experience of their journey has been instrumental in helping me bring change to my life. Thanks to all
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nicely put , Instant.
To have someone answer as soon as you write for the first time gives the whole journey weight and credibility.
Thanks all.
John.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Thank you for this, Anna. When I first got here, I was broken.. shaky in my confidence, confused by the mess I had created in my life. The farther away from that I get, the easier it is to forget how it was back then. This is a great reminder that none of us have all the answers for everyone, no matter how 'right' we think we've done this stuff that is recovery. I appreciate the diversity of thought here, and it certainly has its place.. delivery is important, thoughtfulness is one of the 'new' cornerstones of my life. Thank you for the reminder.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats, Instant! Way to go!

Thank you, Anna. You are spot on!