Notices

So sad to see

Old 03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So sad to see

Lately I have noticed a lot of relapses. Some of which I didn't except. In some strange way it makes me feel less horrible that I relapsed. My heart aches though knowing some of the strongest are struggling again. I hope you guys come back. I hate alcohol.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

The weather changes, we relax on our programs, if we've established one. This is why statistics (which aren't reliable) show that alcoholics often go back out. Some of them will make it back, some won't. I'm staying put.

I hope you are doing okay. It's not easy to change our old ways, I know this first hand. Every day is precious and I'm a drink away from really bad consequences.

Glad you are around!!
Hugs,
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
The weather changes...
This has been huge for me. Where I live, we've had snow and cold days. Then, this entire week, high 70s (F)!!!!

And last night I was driving home, reminiscing/mourning the fact that I can't go home and make a martini while BBQ'ing. I thought the drink thru and realized I'm not missing anything. But I do think the weather might have helped me into those thoughts. I had to turn my thinking around to all the great things I can do this spring and summer without having to be hungover. Or being able to do things that I wouldn't do when I was drinking.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

And, be careful to not assume that people have relapsed simply because they are not here. They may be just getting on with their lives.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

"Spring Fever" is definitely a huge trigger! I'm in Canada so people literally come out of hibernation after winter with patios and BBQ's abound. One would think warmer weather and more daylight would help lift the spirits of a recovering alcoholic, but sometimes it makes me feel like I'm missing out on enjoying it...
Old 03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's almost like relaspe is contageous! We had a huge breakout of relapse in my area couple months ago. I just have to stay on top of my recovery and remember where I will be in a few days. I only have sober people in my life. I didn't plan it that way, but this is where it ended up. The weather being so nice also brings thoughts of how I can make it even nicer by having a drink. Then I have to look at that exact thought.....more. That is such alcoholic thinking lol!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by soberred View Post
Lately I have noticed a lot of relapses. Some of which I didn't except. In some strange way it makes me feel less horrible that I relapsed?
Why is that, soberred? I ask because this type of thinking does not usually help with avoiding 'relapses'.