Notices

First Day Over!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Day Over!

Yesterday was Day 1 of my recovery. Halfway through the second and it's not too bad.
I used to start drinking when I was making dinner about 4 - 5pm in the evenings and carried on until late evening. Never have been a morning drinker, but around 11am this morning had really bad cravings.
Could'nt eat last night, and it's looking doubtful today!
I'm tired too as not much sleep last night with waking up every half hour or so.
I tell you, I am never putting myself through this pure hell again. This is the laast time. I want to feel like a human being again.
A strange thing happened tho' this morning. I looked in the mirror and I looked a bit more like 'ME'. Not as puffy faced and sick looking.
Thankyou for being here for me
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting through day 1. I started to see a difference when I looked in the mirror at day 6. I liked what I saw. I am now on day 8. Yesterday was a hard day. The cravings were really strong but I went through the emotions and told myself that it wouldn't hep anything and got through day 7 sober. For me, I have noticed that being hungry is a trigger. If I'm hungry my mind with is like...well you could have a glass of wine and that would take your hunger away.....But food takes my hunger and cravings away so I opted for that yesterday and I hope I opt for that everyday. Stay strong you are doing great. The cravings will come....and they will go. Mine usually last about 5 minutes. If I can get myself busy through those 5 minutes I'm good. Good luck to you!!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Bonnie!

It will keep getting better, and may get harder before it gets easier, but it is SO worth it. Stay strong!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey hey Ireland! I'll bet if I squint real hard I can see you from here...

This site has been a complete lifesaver for me too. Am on day 10 today, have been reading back through posts I made last week and can't believe the change. Keep posting, and good luck hon, I'll be thinking about you,

Still
x
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! Keep going, it just keeps getting better and better.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done Bonnie!

I just completed day two. I'm tired but otherwise feeling really positive!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Remember even a night without sleep you'll feel better than the morning after the lash.
We've just got to remember its just a whole lot of one days to sobriety.
I'm at day 9 and although I have other problems too it's heartening . Dont catch me up as it means I've fallen and I can't but let's hope those numbers rocket till there so big they seem the same.
Good luck.
John.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good for you, Bonnie. You can do this. Keep workin' it.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Bonnie,

Good on you. Getting sober can be uncomfortable at the beginning but the rewards and benefits of being sober will spurn you on and help you stay focused.

Besides putting down the drink what else are you doing to stay sober.

I use this site and AA to stay sober and I listening to AA speakers online. I find by "brainwashing" myself with information about the neagatives of alcohol helps me to maintain my sobriety and my resolve never to drink again.

I am over 9 months sober and in this relatively short time I marvel at the changes in myself.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

5 years sober
I remember day 1 very well.
JUST ADD day 2 to it.
Call a recovering person- we remember
Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Hi Bonnie, Yes it bad but it get better!! During the next few weeks it is very important to take very good care of yourself. Even baby yourself. Hot baths helped me chill out and slow down a bit. Also a gratitude list is good for the mind and soul.
Way to go!!!!1