Notices

stress

Old 03-12-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stress

AM I STILL NEW? Where should I post?

I had a super stressful day at work. Confrontation with boss. I'm drinking tea and eating some celery. I'm trying to let go of these feelings and trust I'll feel better tomorrow. Before stressful things happen I feel confident that I'll be able to blow them off; until they do happen...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I've had to force myself to sleep many times dealing with the stress.... a warm bath\shower with some up-beat music helps. good luck, dealing with the stress and moving on will strengthen you from the inside.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thing is it happened, there is nothing you can do now. so try to rest and take action tomorrow
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hey Symmetry --

I think you can post here as long as you want, I've been posting in newcomers for a year and a half.

If you're like me you're probably replaying the situation over and over again in your head and getting wound up about it. Can you try to think through it constructively instead? For example, try to think through it from the perspective of your boss. Often times I find that if I stop stressing about something and actually stop to constructively consider it then I am able to figure it out and the anxiety disappears.

Best wishes,
Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Absolutely. I just really do not care for my boss at all but I'm sure if I am conscious about approaching all situations from the heart then the outcome will always be good. It's just easier said than done. I feel so violated sometimes like this is my body and these are my senses now back the *#@! off!!! Who do these people think are they are with their passive aggressive manipulations? Honestly. I feel much better today. It usually takes me several weeks to calm down and get over stuff like this but the turn around seems to be quicker since I've quit drinking. Alcohol just doesn't fix anything. Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

So true. I am finding I can now brush off many of those 'things' that use to have me running for a drink (or ten). (many of mine were caused by myself, but they really use to stick with me.)
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

my ol biker sponsor used to reply to me : "breath honey, just breath"

then he would remind me of his first prayer " god, could you just give me a quiet mind?"

I have also found it useful to write stuff down- really seems to slow down/stop those mental tape loops that i guess i must find so damn entertaining! [else why would i keep running them?]
Old 03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by macknacat View Post
my ol biker sponsor used to reply to me : "breath honey, just breath"

then he would remind me of his first prayer " god, could you just give me a quiet mind?"

I have also found it useful to write stuff down- really seems to slow down/stop those mental tape loops that i guess i must find so damn entertaining! [else why would i keep running them?]
I agree totally . Writing things down and breathing. well said