Notices

not sure what to say but i need to say something

Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not sure what to say but i need to say something

I'm close to my breaking point. My mom is a bipolar addict with chronic pain. I still live at home and I'm trying so hard to break the codependency because it's keeping me sick. I've been anorexic for almost 13 years. I've been IP about 5 times and I was resi for three months a few years ago. Then I lost my insurance and haven't been able to get any medical or psych help since. I live in an area that only has a couple AA meetings, so I have no support groups local and applicable to me.

I really wish I could get my head straight long enough to move out. My mom and I are toxic for each other. Growing up with her was very hard and I'm ashamed to say I resent her for it and take it out on her too often.

There is a county mental health center that works on a sliding scale, but they never returned my calls so I finally gave up trying. I can't afford anything else because right now I'm just struggling to afford what little food I can make myself eat.

I'm not really sure what my point is. I guess I'm hoping an online support group is a good place to start. I see there's something here for everyone; there's a forum for depression, anxiety, ED, and friends and family, so I hope this can be a temporary substitute for the therapy I would be getting if I could afford it. Hopefully people here also have ideas about how to find help and medical treatment when you're uninsured because I feel like I've exhausted all options.

Thanks for listening. I don't mean to rant. I just don't know what else to do right now. I feel like I'm losing it
Old 03-12-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR! You aren't ranting - it's understandable that you're confused. You have many things going on in your life and you need some encouragement & hope.

As you already know, we have a Friends & Family forum that would probably be very helpful to start out with. I'm sorry for the pain you're going through, but you will find some help and relief here.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. I definitely plan on exploring the Friends and Family forum in the morning or later tonight if I can't sleep.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's great. No matter how alone you feel, someone's always been through a similar situation. I hope this will be the start of you feeling better and finding your way towards a better life.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Welcome to SR! This is the best online support group ever! Best wishes, love.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

You will always find lots of support here.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. Living with someoone bi-polar is very, very difficult. Please keep reading and posting - it will help. Take care and best wishes. P.S. Is there an alanon meeting near you?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! You'll find good friends here, I know I have. Do take advantage of all the different forums. SR has a lot to offer.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Where there's AA, there's Al Anon.

Welcome to SR!!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR! I don't have any useful info for you, but thank you for sharing your story. Best wishes to you.