Notices

New to the site. Hello.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

You've read everything, so when is your doctor appointment?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
You've read everything, so when is your doctor appointment?
Hi Sugarbear,

I went to the Dr.s last year and got tested for just about everything from my thyroid to my very first colonoscopy which was early for someone in their early 30's... that was something..
When my mother passed at such an early age it was added to my family medical history and I got nervous. My family Dr. is amazing and I've been with her longer than I can remember. We are close, she helped me through losing my oldest son and mother and is almost like aunt to me or a close family member, she did a line of tests on me and the only thing that came up is I had high "good" cholesterol and I should stop drinking, eat better and exercise. My blood tests were fine otherwise...which in turn made me think these past 6yrs of binge drinking must not have done too much damage to my body yet.
She knows I was using alcohol to cope and she knows It was negatively effecting my life. She told me she was just a phone call away if I needed any help or guidance.
I want to go to her in 4 months for my "womanly check up" and let her know I am 4months sober. I think mentaly I have a chance this time.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

Awesome! Have you chosen a program of recovery to follow? AVRT, AA, SMART, anything? We can stop for a while, but we often get to a point where we end up in a precarious place. With a program to follow, we have a much greater chance of not picking up and truly staying stopped. I did that for 25 years (stop then start again), today, I feel much stronger and I have a plan of action to follow through with. Scary, but doable!

The reason I asked about a doctor appointment is because you said, "I have read up on everything one should do to quit and what to expect and what kind of damage I am doing and will continue to do if I don't quit." which means you are aware that stopping requires seeing a doctor to discuss withdrawal as it can be deadly."

That was my point in asking.... if you haven't stopped for more than 10 days, withdrawals can hurt us. I'm not sure if you've stopped, yet, but please see a doctor now. I'm glad last year's check-up was good, but what about today?

Stay stopped! It's so much nicer. You can do this.

Hugs,
Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Tons of good advice and support here.

God bless.