Notices

10 months away and now im back

Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
L, are you attending AA there in AU ?? All the best.

Bob in Canada
AA did not work..basically because I did not want it to work.... Another excuse to keep on the booze..IE blaming an organisation.
Bob . It is ME mate, I just have to stop and that is it. No mystery , no magic. I just cannot drink .
Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
NAIOU

Welcome back to SR. I hope you can do it this time. Good luck on your recovery. Logo
Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Lipitor glad to see you back. I have thought about how you were doing a few time.

Keep posting man, were here
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi, Lipitor! Glad to see you are back. Can't tell you how many times I've been here, left and come back. And, like you, every time I disappear I'm hanging out with a bottle of vodka a day.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad you're back, Lipitor. I like your conclusion. You can't drink. Period. None of us can. You're in the right place, man. Welcome back.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lipitor View Post
AA did not work..basically because I did not want it to work.... Another excuse to keep on the booze..IE blaming an organisation.
Bob . It is ME mate, I just have to stop and that is it. No mystery , no magic. I just cannot drink .
AA can help you stop and stay stopped, it did for me since '89.

I'll post a pic of me on my new '65 BSA 650 Lightning Rocket for you.....

Wishing you the best in whatever you choose.

Bob R
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lipitor, I wondered what became of you. You had a pretty good run of sober time before you disappeared. Hope it goes well this time around. Hang in there!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good you're still trying.

A question...Since you're back in the same old place I was surprised that your plan to fix it is to do the same thing as hasn't worked out well for you many times before. How much doubt could there be at this point about your eventual results?

Many alcoholics sober up occasionally for short periods through their lifetimes (you may even be sober some weeks when you turn 60, accomplishing that goal, in a way), and if you're ok with that, great.

What those of us who want more have to deal with is finding a way to handle reality 24/7 without coming to the emotional point where we have to drink to stand to go on.

Put simply, an alcoholic's head will eventually kill his body. And the lag time is no picnic either.

So another temporary stretch of increasing unpleasantness or finding a solution are the choices. If you know a place where people stay sober for many decades you might consider doing that too.

None of us are required to live comfortably and better, without the continual sickness and drinking/not drinking dramas that unavoidably get worse as we age, but living well should always be considered seriously as an option whenever you're at the point you're at again.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Lipitor! :ghug3
Old 03-14-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome back!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by langkah View Post
Many alcoholics sober up occasionally for short periods through their lifetimes (you may even be sober some weeks when you turn 60, accomplishing that goal, in a way), and if you're ok with that, great.
There's a guy like that in my homegroup. About 62 or so years old. He's hit 1yr a dozen or more times but never 2 years. And yanno......it doesn't seem to bother him too much. It's like his version of controlled binge drinking.

In the past, it used to really upset me cuz I really like this guy. I "know" he's missing out (lol....."believe" is the better word there) but who am I to tell him how to run his life?

Lipitor......I'd suggest the same thing to you... there's a lot to "sobriety" that I believe you're missing. Those that find "it" don't go back out - hence the difference between "recovered" and all the others (recoverying, dry, not drinking today, etc). I'd be more than happy so help in any way I can. Shoot me a pm if you're interested or have any questions.