Notices

Im desperate for help

Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Try some deep breathing for five minutes and see if the craving passes and the headache slows down a bit... what about a nap? Can you heat/order some soup and make some fresh toast with butter? I know you are bulimic so the food may be a bad idea right now, it may stress you out more.....But just breath.... just try to stay calm.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

That expierence was incredibly scary. My entire shirt is covered in sweat. I officially think i must be monitored inorder to safely Detox. That headache was not just a headache, it felt like someone hit me with a bat. Im gona call the Detox center to see if i can get in tomorrow or Wednesday. I need medication to get through this. I tried eating, in fact, all i did today was eat. Damn, i didnt think i was this bad. The second i took that shot, the shaking and sweating stopped. And there is no headache anymore. How did everyone else get through day 1? Did you expierence the shakes and sweats? When do these crazy urges go away?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

It's hard and a lot of people need medical detox...& if you feel you need medical detox; that is going to be the way to go for YOU! I wish you all the luck. Make sure to call detox center ASAP and try to get in soon Everyone's detox is different....
Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi Suffering,

Oh sweetie, I wish that some of us women could come to you right now and give you some hugs and hold your hand. On second thought, you probably want to be alone!

It sounds to me like you need medical detox. Please be careful.

You know, you can do this. If I can do it anybody can. I quit alcohol 7 months ago. I was bulemic when I was quite a bit younger....I know how that goes. I finally tore a vein in my throat from thowing up, and that was enough to make me stop.

I know what being scared about it is like too. I am so very, very glad that you are lining up help.....alcohol and throwing up not only wrecks your body healthwise, but it ages you quickly.

Take care, honey. Please be careful and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Elizabeth
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Thanks stepping and sissy. I called the Detox center but they said nothing is available until Thursday. I am on the list and they have my contact info. if anything opens up earlier they will call me, but the guy on the phone said i either need to wait til thursday to detox or go to the ER. I simply just dont have the money for the ER so it looks like i will have to wait a couple more days. I know alcohol Detox can be lethal, so i think its best to wait until im under medical supervision.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome suffering

I really encourage you, in time before you get your bed, to seek out one of the many free/low cost clinics that surely must be available to you in NYC - any one of them have to be a better safer and more exact option than trying to moderate your own alcohol intake.

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

Along those lines, I've removed several posts in the thread that, although undoubtedly well meaning, veered a little too far over the lines of our medical advice rule IMO.

thanks

D
Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by suffering0605 View Post
Thanks stepping and sissy. I called the Detox center but they said nothing is available until Thursday. I am on the list and they have my contact info. if anything opens up earlier they will call me, but the guy on the phone said i either need to wait til thursday to detox or go to the ER. I simply just dont have the money for the ER so it looks like i will have to wait a couple more days. I know alcohol Detox can be lethal, so i think its best to wait until im under medical supervision.
Sucks that you have to wait but it also gives you some time to think/reflect......

Do you want this to be the last time you ever detox? Are you ready to commit to sobriety.....for life? Are you willing to look at what life totally free from booze/drugs is like and, assuming you like what you see, make a commitment to that new lifestyle? --those are some of the questions I'd suggest you ask yourself....and spend some time with them too. Don't just rifle off a quick-fire answer either.......think about them and let an answer come on it's own.

I've seen/known farrrr too many ppl who detox, stay straight for a while then go right back at it all over again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Some never make it back to their next detox..... keep that in mind. We're not promised unlimited shots at this deal. It's a bit like Russian Roulette.

GETTING clean is a bitch......but it's not worth much without the STAYING clean portion, yanno?

The cool thing though...... STAYING clean will be more fun than you've ever had if you do it right. And for that....I'd be happy to help show you a way.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I started Detox yesterday. I went to an outpatient clinic and they gave me medicine to take home. Im on Day 2!!!! I havent been sober this long in a really long time.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you medical help, Suffering.

Good for you for making a choice to live a sober life.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Great job suffering! Keep on going and don't give up. It will get much, much better!

God bless.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suffering0605 View Post
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I started Detox yesterday. I went to an outpatient clinic and they gave me medicine to take home. Im on Day 2!!!! I havent been sober this long in a really long time.
That's great to hear.....Stay with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thank you!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Great job, suffering. You have made a life-changing, and, perhaps, a life-saving decision. The best part? That life is yours...to claim and to have. Peace.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to read that too suffering - awesome!

D
Old 03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thanks Lofty & Dee, these hard days shall pass.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

(((suffering))) - SO proud of you and glad that you didn't try detox on your own (or at least not very long). Recovery isn't easy, but it soooooo worth it!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks Impurrfect, and your the best by the way!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Way to go Suffering!

You're giving yourself a fighting chance. Keep at it. You can do it
Old 03-16-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

How are you doing now? So glad you got the meds and you are detoxing.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

How are you suffering? I am so proud of you!! You are right these tough days WILL pass!!! Hang in there!!! You are making a change that is going to make things so much easier/better. I have thought about you every day and was so glad to see the post that you did in fact start detox YAY!!!!