Notices

298 Days and counting seconds....

Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~sb

Talking 298 Days and counting seconds....

I used the SR Sobertime calculator to come up with the number of days. In the beginning, I counted half hours, sometimes minutes. I spent this past week really seeking employment as I am tired of not working....

Monday started with an offer, I did some (a lot) of phone calls and footwork to see how feasible this would be, hitting some walls here and there, but accomplishing some more 9th step stuff (yeah, I owe my state as well as the IRS and had only taken care of the federal stuff).

On Tuesday, I asked my higher power to lead me where I needed to be, teaching (college education) or the other offer (something else I had begun once, but never followed through with!).

Got the mail, dreaded opening this letter, what did they want from me now? (old memories of avoiding real life came to full view, not too anxious, just walk through and open it already, sb!). It was an offer of state aid for education, but I already have an undergraduate degree. Whew, not so bad after all!

I received a call on Wednesday morning about the substitute meeting I had attended 2 weeks ago (yeah, at an AA meeting the previous week, I told my dear friend it had been a week and I hadn't heard anything. Typical AAer laughed and she said, "A whole week?" I had to laugh at that, too!) and I was told an email would follow.

I immediately received the email which began, "Thank you for accepting employment with...." Funny thing is, I don't recall them actually asking if I would like to be employed! Yeah, memory might still be healing....

I jumped on the tasks at hand, TB test, done, fingerprinting done, follow-up email asking when to fill out paperwork. Thanks to another friend, I was given vehicle rides to get all of this done on 3 days, including this morning to complete the paperwork. Yay to him and to HP and to my footwork---action!

I got home not too long ago and my phone rang. Would I be available to work on Monday? Heck yeah! I would like to tell you all that I'm joining bigguyslim in the world of work, once again!

It's been 11 years since I was in a special education classroom setting, and I am very happy to know I'll be back in my field, working at a school I had worked at when it was a tiny building & under a different name.
Today, they have 2 locations. I am thrilled to start working again!

Thanks for sharing my happiness in sobriety!
Have a beautifully sober day!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome news!!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you sugarbear1!!! ****{hugs of happiness for you}}}
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looks like it's working for you Sugarbear...I'm happy to hear that...
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I hadn't stopped looking for work since I had been fired from that other job, but sometimes I looked harder than others....it was frustrating not to get calls. Sometimes I had offers, but without a vehicle, I couldn't get there. Yeah, frustration happens in the real life world, but I didn't pick up anything but the tools I've been practicing! I'm happy, not overly excited, it's a sense of calm....

We'll see how my program is when I begin working. This will be fun (okay, a little sarcastic, but not like I used to be!)

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Like I already said the other day in a different thread, you got it going on, Sugarbear!!

way way awesome and congratulations!!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I have a new Manager.... I don't have to manage my life 'cause when I try, it's unmanageable!

"No human power could relieve our alcoholism..."

Thanks, Robby!

Thanks to all who read this, too. I couldn't have done it without SR!~
Old 03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Super Congrats! You deserve it, you've worked HARD to get where you are.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go Sugarbear! Soooo happy for you. Youve helped me greatly in my journey & it warms my heart to see a good person get something they worked hard for and deserve. Made my day/night to read this...
Old 03-10-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits of your sobriety, you earned it, you'll have that one year sober b4 you know it!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congratulations, Sugarbear. I'm so happy to learn more about you! And what a testament of faith, perseverence, and the promises of God and sobriety through AA. Go get 'em, girl.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So happy for you! What a great inspiration for all of us.

Sugarbear, I'm pretty sure that you gave me my sig line. Thank you!

GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the job!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome news!! Have a great week!!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That is awesome Sugarbear ! So many rewards to living a good life. Congratulations.