Notices

6 days clean off vicodin abuse

Old 03-08-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days clean off vicodin abuse

I have been addicted to vicodin for three years now. Averaging five to ten 7.5Mg or 10 Mg a day.I quit cold turkey six days ago. First two days diarrhea was horrible!! Not to mention chills sweating and severe anxiety. I keep telling myself one day at a time. But the anxiety makes me STRESS AND WORRY! Pulse rate is higher at times and blood pressure too after stressing. Someone tell me this will end and give me some advice. I'm not going to take any other drugs. I am done with it all.. Any EXPERIENCED responses welcome with great gratitude.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NAIOU

My experience with Vicodin. It took 5-7 days to come off of it. At 6 days you are on the down hill run. Just hang in there. You can do this. I am pulling for you. Logo
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow that message just made me feel alot better. Insomnia is ridiculous and the increased heart rate.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome imsodone. I was addicted to oxys a few years ago. I know exactly what you are going thru. The first ten days were the toughest for me. I had the exact same symptoms as you are having. Insomnia and anxiety were the worst ones for me. Hang in there, it will get better. Drink lots of water and try to get some vitamins and eat well. Really hot showers would help me relax too. I took 3 or 4 a day. Don't give in a start using again, or you will have to go thru this again.

Good luck and God bless.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The anxiety is bad.. I find myself worrying about the CRAZIEST things.. Tomorrow will be day six. today I was fine this morning but around one pm I started feeling like the anxiety was weighing HEAVY on me.. Stress. Just stressed and dwelling about things I normally wouldnt care about. I never want to feel like this again. Thank you for your message. The hot showers do help.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You should be fine any day now or even hour now. 6 days right? Getting off pills is pretty rough for the first week across the board.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am on day 14. You can do this. The worst part of your withdrawals should be over now. Now you need to think about what you will do to stay clean. I am going to NA and it helps a lot. Also there is a sight I post on called medhelp and there are hundreds of people on there going through the same thing. You are doing so well and I am very proud of you. Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It will slowly start to get better. Have you thought about a recovery program?

God bless.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck - I know you can stay clean