Notices

my wife kicked me out

Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my wife kicked me out

iv been drinking to cope. i decided to quit cold. i really dont know what to expect. i dont feel bad but i am depressed . she deserves better.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Editor

Upward---I am sorry to here about your situation. I am glad that you are quitting. You may want to consult you primary care physician to help you through withdrawls....depending on your usage.
A word of advice. Do this for you. I do not know how long you have been drinking or having marital issues because of it. If this has been going on for a while... It is not going to be a magic switch. Your wife is more than likely not going to give you a pass because you have quit. you are going to have to do it for you.Heck I told my wife I was quitting a hundred times. I am sober a year and the trust is just now starting to come back into our relationship. She sees how I am living and not just idle promises in the night. Is it worth the time, effort and struggle. Every Second.
I wish you success on your journey.
Peace
Dave
Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks. i have a long story and much pts. but i refuse to let that be a excuse anymore. iv been through alot of crap. giving up the bottle shouldnt be hard.......i hope. onward and upward.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

Both of you deserve better than what you have been doing. As bad as the effects on those around us, there is no one that is harmed worse than ourselves. Regardless of what happens with everyone else at this point you certainly deserve to treat yourself better.